What's new

TV Authority (1 Viewer)

adlenoir

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Has anyone used tvauthority.com? I found the best deals on their site, but I placed an order for a Samsung 5087 DLP on 12/27/06 and to date it still has not shipped. Wait time on their customer service line is 1 hour. They did immediately charge my credit card. I shop for great deals but this vendor should be ashamed of the way they treat customers. I plan on cancelling my order (if I can ever get through to customer service). They have great prices if you can stand the wait. Buyer beware!

adlenoir

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Thank you Alon. I realize that I am new to the forum and new to HT in general. I did speak with customer service yesterday and they told me that they were swamped with orders from the Christmas time period, which is understandable. They agreed to remove my shipping charges. I eust wanted to make sure that I wasn't ordering from a place that really didn't exist. As I said earlier, I could not find anyone to come close to their prices. I am now getting a Samsung 5087 DLp for less than $1200 shipped. I challenge anyone to find one cheaper. If they had told me up front that I would have to wait a month for my product, I still would have agreed. The opportunity cost was minimal to me. They need to do a better job of communicating with their customers and don't play the bait and wait game. Consumers are more understanding than they give them credit for. Attention to detail and great customer service will go long way in customer retention and referals. Thanks again for your reply to this and my first post. I am still waiting the's VT 12's/STF2 that you recommended to me to be in stock at HSU. There is no big hurry since my TV has not arrived. Thanks again for your help.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
No problem at all!

TVAuthority are a sponsor on this forum, so I'm surprised at the recent comments on their service. As for HSU Research, I've had exceptional service from them in the past. In fact, Dr Hsu will often respond directly to questions on best subwoofer placement.

Peter W.H

Grip
I have been a long time reader of this forum and have always found highly credible information on a variety of topics.

I took the recommendation of TV Authority from the HTF Market Place and ordered 8 - 42" Plasma Screens for 2 public safety Operations Centers that I run. TV Authority stated they had plenty of the Samsung model we required. The order was placed and paid for via credit card on January 17th, 2006. The Salesman quoted 10-12 days total for delivery of the equipment. This was very important for a specific need that we had in our Centers.

Early this week I attempted to contact our Salesman at TV Authority to follow up as to shipping information. My plan was to follow up with the shipping company directly to help coordinate our plans due to being at 12 days post order. The week is now over and I have still not been able to speak to a representative at TV Authority. This is after 10 calls on hold for over 30 minutes each, leaving 5 messages for my specific salesman, leaving online message requests for a return call, and attempting every known number to TV Authority. Needless to say I am disgusted with TV Authority at this time. I recommended our company utilize TV Authority for its Public Safety needs and now can't even speak to a representative.

I have complete documentation on all attempts to contact this company including all phone attempts. I desperately need help from the administrators on this site to make contact with TV Authority. I reviewed the other thread on complaints against TV Authority and don't advocate the method or wording used by the poster. I do however agree with the terrible customer service being displayed by this recommended company. Our company has been charged over $13,000 for our initial order and now can't even talk to a representative. I even placed a 50" Panasonic Plasma order for me personally 4 days after the business order. Same thing occuring on that order.

I strongly urge Home Theater Forum to re-evaluate leaving TV Authority as a recommended vendor until these types of events are rectified. I take this recommendation of removal very seriously and hope TV Authority can rectify whatever issues their company is presently experiencing. Either way the members of this forum should be protected until a resoulution is found. The excuse of being busy from Christmas is innappropriate, answering the phone is not dependent on stock levels. Nor is lying about in stock items when it is clearly communicated how important the arrival date is.

For the HTF owners/moderators I have all proof of contact including initial e-mails and dates associated plus a log of attempted contact this week. I will share it offline with appropriate personnel from the forum but will not provide names and specifics in the public area.

I purchase hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment a year for my company and find this situation one of the worst I have been involved in. I still believe a proper resolution can be made, but am concerned with how many other people are going in with a good recommendation and going to end up in the same situation.

Dion C

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like TV Authority is now nothing more than a shell, according to the L.A. BBB (link at the AVS thread).

Reading through all those AVS messages in the TV Authority thread is like a consumer's epic horror story that all ends in a crashing finale of doom and despair. Melodramatic description, yes -- unless you were one of the patrons who lost thousands of dollars or your mind from the headache/hassle of trying to unwrangle yourself from the pickle you found yourself in by ordering from them.

CNet's site has some equally grim messages on their TV Authority review thread.

Scary.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Mods, you may want to consider removing TV Authority as a sponsor on this forum, I've read enough horror stories for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks