Tv Audio Through Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Lynyak, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Ryan Lynyak

Ryan Lynyak Auditioning

I hope someone can help me with this seemingly easy question. I have a Sony Wega KV-20FS100 television and a Sony HT-DDW740 reciever. I was able to hook up my DVD player and XBOX to play audio through the surround speakers and video through the television, I just can't seem to figure out how to get audio through my surround speakers from my television. I have DirecTV and all the needed wires I just can't figure out the setup. Please help me.

2. Iver

Iver Second Unit

Does the DirecTV have a digital-audio (optical/Toslink or coaxial) output? If so, you can connect that to your receiver.

Another option is to run the analog audio output (RCA jacks labeled R/L) from your DirecTV receiver to your surround receiver.

Alternately, you can run the analog audio from the DirecTV to the Sony and then run the audio output from the Sony TV to the surround receiver. This is the way to go if you also use an antenna, or any other input, with the TV (such as an antenna used for local reception).

For either of the analog options, you can connect to any line-level input on the surround receiver. This might be labeled "VCR input" "TV" or "DBS."