What's new

TV-4000 XGA Theater, Any one tried one? (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It looks exactly like the old Viewsonic VB50HRTV scaler/tuner, except for the case color. I've had one; they're about $90.

The scaling on it isn't great, definitely low end. The tuner on it is not bad though, about the same quality as a reasonably good VCR.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Well what I need to know is this, I need to convert a DVD player to RGB on a CRT projector. I could use a Cheese Video Box http://www.dvdirect.com/shop/product.asp?sku=TVO5034 which would change a standard dvd player into progressive then feed the signal into the CRT, or I could run the TV-4000 or VB50HRTV to do the same thing and also use the scaler. Which would obtain the better picture quality over a standard DVD 480i into the Composite Video input of the projector?
I'm on a budget to buy the projector and doubler so a $500.+ solution is not feasible at the moment!
Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
At the moment the a used NEC PG6 is the one I'm currently looking at. I really need to keep the CRT and scaler under $1500. including shipping.

Eventually I can upgrade to a better scaler and perhaps HTPC but for now I want the best projector I can get for the money and a $100. solution to doubling will have to do for now.

Wes

TimG

Second Unit
I don't think you can really go to wrong with it for 100 bucks as a stop-gap measure until you get a good scaler or HTPC. I would stay away from the Cheese box though. Even a used I-Scan (ver. 1) will run you $250 or so.

TimG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks