What's new

Turtles 2003 Series: DVD Release Date (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey guys,

I've requested another interview update with Peter Laird. What with a few new TMNT projects popping up, now might be the time for one. Any DVD questions, now th at the first two have been released, pass them along. Wether they be new, classic, or the rumored Mini-Hallmark series questions..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Some interesting bits included in the interview...

BEWARE, SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2 INCLUDED IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY UPDATES O NTHE NEW SHOW...

7)What can we expect for Extras on Future DVD's? So far, I'm extremly glad that they are including all of the promo material like the fun TMNT News Fakes that where done..
But are there going to be different 'making of' featurettes included? Perhaps each DVD focusing on a different art of production like Storyboarding, Animation, Voice Acting, etc.... Or would features
like these be saved for an eventual Season Set release?

Again, I have no real idea of what the specific plans for special extra features ares, beyond my doing some more interview segments. I can tell you that one of the upcoming DVDs will have what you might call a
"co-creator's cut" of the Kirby story ("The King") -- which is that episode with a revised
ending that I paid to have done, with some new animation, as I wanted it to be more like the comic book, and while I liked the episode as it aired, I was a LITTLE
disappointed.

I'm hoping that more of the 4Kids and Dong Woo staff will show up in future extras, and that we will see more of that behind the scenes stuff. Actually, I was just speaking about this with Lloyd Goldfine from 4Kids
today, and he suggested including some unused concept art for the show, which I think would be entertaining. It would also be cool to get interviews with the Mirage
crew, and maybe Stan Sakai, as his Usagi Yojimbo character will be featured in at least three episodes next season. Maybe a look at Playmates, Konami, Dreamwave or some of our other licensees would be neat. It probaly wouldn't hurt if fans wrote in to 4Kids with their suggestions for special extra features.

9)Speaking of new stuff, 'Tales of Leo' is going to be shown this Friday, and Season 1 will soon wrap up. How is season 2 progressing, along with the possible inclusion of
Usagi?

Development work on season 2 is chugging right along -- I just read the first draft of the script for Episode 50 (one of the episodes which features Usagi), so we're almost at the end! And Lloyd and I last week had our first real conversation about Season 3.

Also, any other surprises in store, perhaps Leatherhead or the mysterious Rat King?

Leatherhead, yes. Rat King, no... maybe in season 3. And there are other surprises... some of them BIG ones.

14)Finally, any new TMNT projects that may be in the plans that you can tell us about? Stuff like any possible Convention appearances, or maby a TMNT Convention
in NY itself?

Nothing new, really -- I'm so busy with the regular TMNT comic and working on TALES and the new show and other TMNT things that I don't think I could handle another new TMNT project right now. Well, maybe... if it was cool
enough...! But there are a lot of new and fun TMNT products in the pipeline that I think people will like. For example, we just got samples of some neat TMNT
umbrellas, one of which I was carrying around in the rain last week. It worked well! And Playmates is going to be putting out a lot of new figures, many of them taken right from the new show... including at least TWO Triceraton
figures!

Yow! I can't wait. They're even doing one of Mike as "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan" which looks GREAT.
As for shows, I have no plans right now. A New York show is always a possibility, but there is nothing scheduled. I'm toying with the idea of doing another cross-country motorcycle trip to the San Diego Con next year, but
that's a remote possiblity.

That's the more interesting ones that comply to this particular forum, but if you want to read the rest of the interview, http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/I...wComics007.htm .

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Very excited about the Co-Creator's Cut of 'The King'. It sounds like it will end like the issue of the comic does. I always felt the episode ended sort of suddenly. Hopefully the new version will be better. But for us purists, they better keep the origianl version on there also. :)

Also cool news about Season 2, I've been following it fairly closely. I knew that Usagi was confirmed for Season 2, and some of the plotlines for Season 2. Nice to get confirmation of Leatherhead for the first time.

And I have to add in a small happy dance for the Turtle Titan and Tricetraton figures. Hopefully they'll grace us with Oots, Baxter, and Oroku Saki in Robes as well. :)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Hey Neal, could you ask him if Rhino owns the rights to the old cartoon or does Artisan? Rhino's got the poll up for the old series but I remember you saying something about Artisan doing something next year.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
8)Any update on the original series appearing on DVD? Rhino apparantly has an online poll going as to wich series the fans would like to see released, and apparently TMNT is included, despite Artisan saying they still plan to release it in 2004......

I have no idea what is going on in that area. In all honesty, it is close to being the furthest thing from my mind (as TMNT-related things go), as I have more than enough on my plate with the NEW stuff we're doing with 4Kids.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Thanks, I guess I should have read all of Niel's post.

Laird said something about episode 50! Damn, how many DVDs will there be when we reach that spot? Possibly 20? Ugh, they're really getting money over this.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>>>>>And I have to ask for the home Theater Enthusiasts.....Will the original TV Version of 'The
King' Be included on the disc as an alternate track? Or will it be restricted to the airwaves?>>

Actually, the original ending of "The King" will probably be included on the DVD, but not as part of a whole episode -- just the ending. And I
think that the original will continue to be the one broadcast -- the revised version will likely ONLY be on the DVD.>>>

The Revised question just for you folks here with the official answer :){..

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Well, it looks like there will be a slightly longer wait for Vol. 5 & 6 then originally assumed. I was really hoping they were gonna go to a six week release pattern. But now there's a large delay between Vol. 3 & 4 and the next. Probably to give them time to prep the Alternate ending for the episode, 'The King'. :)

I was doing my October pre-orders at Media Play today. And I was pre-ordering the TMNT DVD's that come out next week. Well, one of the future titles was on their computers and I snagged the release date for it.

TMNT DVD - Notes From The Underground. Which should include the Notes From the Underground 3-Parter. And maybe 'The King' episode as well. It had a 1/13/2004 release date. No other unknown TMNT DVD's were listed for release that day.

The reason I think 'The King' episode will be on this one, is so they can make sure there won't be one DVD in the series that includes only 2 episodes. Something they said would never happen. And it's the best way to break them up. Again, most likely the line-up will look like this:

Volume 1:
EP1 - Things Change
EP2 - A Better Mousetrap
EP3 - Attack of the Mousers

Volume 2:
EP4 - Meet Casey Jones
EP5 - Nano
EP6 - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Volume 3:
EP7 - The Way of Invisibility
EP8 - Fallen Angel
EP9 - Garbageman

Volume 4:
EP10 - The Shredder Strikes - Part 1
EP11 - The Shredder Strikes - Part 2
EP12 - The Unconvincing Turtle Titan

Volume 5:
EP13 - Notes From the Underground - Part 1
EP14 - Notes From the Underground - Part 2
EP15 - Notes From the Underground - Part 3
EP16 - The King (Special Edition)

Volume 6:
EP17 - The Shredder Strikes Back - Part 1
EP18 - The Shredder Strikes Back - Part 2
EP19 - Tales of Leo
EP20 - The Monster Hunter

Volume 7:
EP21 - Return to New York - Part 1
EP22 - Return to New York - Part 2
EP23 - Return to New York - Part 3

Volume 8:
EP24 - Lone Raph and Cub
EP25 - Search for Splinter - Part 1
EP26 - Search for Splinter - Part 2

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Looks like Volume 5 (Notes from the Underground) and Volume 6 (The Shredder Strikes Back) are both coming January 13th. And then Volume 7 (Return to New York) and Volume 8 (The Search For Splinter) will be coming March 23rd. Still no word on exactly how they are going to break down the episodes. But I still would have to guess the way that I posted above. It would make the most sense. :)

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...64&style=movie

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...64&style=movie

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...10&style=movie

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...83&style=movie

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Animated Bliss posted the info about volumes 5 and 6, and the episode breakdown was a bit different then I figured. But it makes more sense, going by the story arcs. So here's the info.:
Title: TMNT - v. 5 - Notes from Underground
Label: 4Kids
Type: Uncut
Medium: DVD
Rating: ALL
Street: January 13, 2004
SRP: $16.98
EPS #: 13-15

Title: TMNT - v. 6 - Shredder Strikes Back
Label: 4Kids
Type: Uncut
Medium: DVD
Rating: ALL
Street: January 13, 2004
SRP: $16.98
EPS #: 16-19
So basically 3 episodes on Volume 5, and then 4 on Volume 6:

TMNT Vol. 5 - Notes from the Underground:
Notes from the Underground pt. 1
Notes from the Underground pt. 2
Notes from the Underground pt. 3

TMNT Vol. 6 - The Shredder Strikes Back:
The King (Special Edition)
The Shredder Strikes Back pt. 1
The Shredder Strikes Back pt. 2
Tales of Leo

So basically volume six turns into the 'April's Apartment' arc. Since we start out at her apartment in 'The King', then continues with Shredder Strikes Back pt 1. and 2. And then fleeing the city and Leo's recovery from his injuries from the first two parts. Actually makes a lot more sense then putting 'The King' on the Notes DVD. Which means disc 7 and 8 should look like this:

TMNT Vol. 7 - Return to New York:
The Monster Hunter
Return to New York pt. 1
Return to New York pt. 2
Return to New York pt. 3

TMNT Vol. 8 - The Search for Splinter:
Lone Raph and Cub
The Search for Splinter pt. 1
The Search for Splinter pt. 2

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Here's a small picture of the cover art for Vol. 5, I haven't seen it anywhere else any bigger either. Unfortunatly. The picture is from DVDEmpire. :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Here's the larger version of the same art, from DVDEmpire. Still haven't found the art for Volume 6, "The Shredder Strikes Back" anywhere as of yet. :frowning:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, you know a good series is produced, when even my father will sit down and watch the new TMNT series. He wouldn't go annywhere near the old one, but seems to enjoy the new one...

I can't wait till these new ones are released. I'm wondering if they'll change the extras for 'em?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone tried the demo for the PC game (one of the DVD-ROM extras on discs 3 and 4)?

When I tried it, all of the characters in the game looked messed up. You could only see the black outlines of the characters, and sometimes Leonardo's head would be visible, but his body wouldn't be. I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and if it worked for them or not.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone else catch the new ending for 'The King' aired today? Itwasn't changed all that much, just one new scene added to more closley match the comics..alsdo nice to see that the turtles actually have their eyes drawn in for a change.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
No, I didn't watch. With the re-runs I figured I could actually sleep in. Since Laird (*SMACK*) had originally said that the extended ending would only appear on the DVD. And the regular ending would be the one that would continue to be brodcast. Bah. Gotta wait til January to see it now. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks