What's new

Turntable/Reciever Problem (1 Viewer)

Steven^H

Auditioning
I have a basic sony home theater system which has a pretty basic reciever. It has more than enough power for dvd's, tv and gaming so it suits my needs. Lately my dad has wanted to hook up a turntable to the speakers so he can listen to some old records. We hooked it up but there just isnt enough volume for some reason. Why does the turntable not reach similar volumes that the dvd player or tv does and is there a cheap solution to this problem?

P.S. My dad also has a very expensive bang and olufsen system which the turntable has suddenly started tracking incorrectly. Anybody have any idea how this problem can occur?...the player is practically new.

Thanks for the help

gregD

Second Unit
Assuming your Sony doesn't have a specific phono input, you'll need a phono preamp between the turntable and receiver.

I think they can be had in the $50-70 price range at Radio Shack.

I use a Parasound PPH-100, an overachiever at $120.

Here are many phono pre's at many price levels, some insane: http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/c.A...ategory.401/.f

Can't help ya with your B&O, especially if it's one of those tangential tracking machines... if it's new / under warranty, take it back to the dealer or manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread