What's new

Turntable pitch control. HELP!! (long) (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I have a turntable (SONY PS-LX300H) that has a strobe light to measure the turntable speed (pitch). The dots are supposed to 'stand still' while the pitch control slide on the top of the unit is in the middle setting. Mine was always a little bit off so I had it a little bit off center to compensate.
There are two speed controls (one for 33, one for 45) at the *bottom* of the unit. I (foolishly) decided to try to adjust these so that I wouldn't need to adjust the above slide. The drawing in the manual makes them look as if they are 2 knobs but actually there are just 2 holes.
I tried turning something inside one of the holes once I found a small enough screw driver but didn't feel anything turn. However, I must have turned something; I made the speed a lot faster and now I can't adjust the slide enough to compensate.
I've tried several times to undo whatever it was I did but haven't been able to. I'm not even sure if a screw driver is the proper tool for this since I can't see any slots up inside the holes.
So... does anyone out there know how you're supposed to adjust the speed using these controls? Thanks in advance!

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to un-turn whatever you turned with your screwdriver. The controls at the bottom of the table should be for making large changes, and the slider on top for fine tuning. As you've realized, you've taken the speed off the scale, and now the slider can't bring it back.
Try looking at the screw on theunderside with a flashlight to see if you can find what it is that you ended up turning. Since you didn't feel anything turn, the screw probably didn't offer much resistance at all. This will have to be trial and error, because you'll probably have to put the 'table on its side (or upside down) to get to the screw, then set it back upright and turn it on to see if the speed changed, and repeat.
If you cannot find anything at all that your screwdriver can turn, you might have to take the bottom plate off (or dismantle the 'table in some other way) to gain access to those screws.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks