turning a converted attic into a HT room?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MartyK, Oct 15, 2001.

1. MartyK

MartyK Agent

I have a room in a finished attic that is about 15' wide and 17 1/2' long. At the highest point the ceiling is 8' high and at the walls is 4' high. Would this make a good place for a dedicated HT room? How would the sloping walls affect the sound?
    I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.
    Marty

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Something to think about is with the room only being 15' wide and the ceiling sloping the way it does, will you have enough room to space your speakers out enough to achieve a good image?
    You'll want to keep your speakers out of those low corners. That would be a 3 way corner with the ceiling being so low there.....it would probably make for some bad reflections and boomy sound.

3. RobV

RobV Extra

Your room would be perfect for a HT, Just make sure you place speakers in the best place possible, When I mean best place I mean what sounds best to you. Know one can tell excactly where to place your speakers, Where they sound best will be up to you. Go for It and good luck.

4. MartyK

MartyK Agent

Gentlemen,
    Thank You for your input! Some weekend I'll have to haul my equipment upstairs and see how it sounds.
    Marty

5. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Marty,see if you can't e-mail or get with Joseph Howard. Looks like he is using a similar room.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/045280.html
    [Edited last by Luke_Y on October 23, 2001 at 11:44 PM]
    [Edited last by Luke_Y on October 23, 2001 at 11:44 PM]