What's new

turning a converted attic into a HT room? (1 Viewer)

MartyK

Agent
I have a room in a finished attic that is about 15' wide and 17 1/2' long. At the highest point the ceiling is 8' high and at the walls is 4' high. Would this make a good place for a dedicated HT room? How would the sloping walls affect the sound?
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Marty

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Something to think about is with the room only being 15' wide and the ceiling sloping the way it does, will you have enough room to space your speakers out enough to achieve a good image?
You'll want to keep your speakers out of those low corners. That would be a 3 way corner with the ceiling being so low there.....it would probably make for some bad reflections and boomy sound.

RobV

Grip
Your room would be perfect for a HT, Just make sure you place speakers in the best place possible, When I mean best place I mean what sounds best to you. Know one can tell excactly where to place your speakers, Where they sound best will be up to you. Go for It and good luck.

MartyK

Agent
Gentlemen,
Thank You for your input! Some weekend I'll have to haul my equipment upstairs and see how it sounds.
Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.