Tumults: Shipping again?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth_L, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Kyle or Dan,

Were the voicecoils that were sent to the build house yesterday (3/11) satisfactory? If so when will the remaining drivers ship? If not, what's the plan of action?

Seth

2. You could always visit the Acoustic-Visions Forum. There is a shipping thread in there. Dan does visit that forum.

3. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

If it makes you feel any better, one of my two Tumults arrived with 3 of the spokes broken away from the mounting flange! [​IMG]

5. Damn!!!.....A UPS "handler" must have ruptured a disk and dropped the driver while loading it onto the truck...who knows. How does the package look?

6. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Tony,

There's a big hole in the side of the box. The other one appears to be fine, thankfully. I've already called Adire and left them a message and called UPS to start the process.

7. Greg Yeatts

Greg Yeatts Second Unit

Brian

I am countersinking my Tumult. Do you think a 15.125 hole is big enough for the countersink? I was hoping to use one of the PE cast frame .25" driver mounting kits, but the holes in the gasket look kinda small. OTOH I am afraid to use anything other than the .25" cast frame mounting kit. This thing is a monster. The pics you've seen don't prepare you for the mass of the thing.

Don't have too hard of feelings for the UPS guy, I thought I would need a truss after moving mine around. [​IMG]

8. Greg, I had the BPD1503 and it has the same gasket TTBOMK, and I had to use the 10-32 kit. I had a downfiring driver, and even with gravity working against the bolts, they held up just fine. Get the 10-32, not the 1/4" when using the gasket. I also used tiny washers between the bolt head and the frame to give a more distributed force on the frame.

9. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hey Brian, if it makes you feel any better Chris Tsu Tsu predicted what happened to your Tumults.

10. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hey Brian, if it makes you feel any better Chris Tsu Tsu predicted what happened to your Tumults in a earlier post.