Tumult vs Blueprint 1803,s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike.D.K, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

I currently have two 10cuft sonotube subs with a 1803 in each. How would two sealed Tumult subs compare. My wife is getting tired of the sonotubes. They have tremendous output but take up too much space. Thanks for any replies, I don't want to miss preorder.

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Mike, I already anwered you on the telephone this morning but I'll post what I said to you so others may benefit. You will have less output with the two Tumults mainly because they will be in sealed enclosures. You also stated that you cannot stand to turn the 1803's up all the way anyway so this missing output may not be missed and may not be a bad thing. But it's not like you will be lacking output with twin Tumults [​IMG]
    The biggest advantage with the twin sealed Tumults is that they will be in an enclosure about 1/5 to 1/4 the size of the 1803 enclosures which will surely make your wife pleased. Another advantage is that these will be extremely clean subwoofers because they will be well within their operating range with 1000 watts each along with the advantage of the low group delays associated with sealed designs.
    Hope this helps.

3. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Kyle for the reply.I was hoping you would reply so others could see. For anyone who doesn't know , Kyle is great to talk to on the phone and very helpful. I think I caught him at a bad time and he still took the time to answer my questions.