What's new

Tumult Surround repair? (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
:angry:

My cute new kitten decided to sharpen his claws on my tumult surround. So there is significant damange. Luckily not to the kitten, though I thought about it.

The surround is still intact, in that it's air tight, as much as I could tell by pushing on the cone as well as very low frequency sweeps.

I'm looking for something to repair the little tears though, sort of patch it up so no more damage occurs.

Any idea would be appreciated!

-Chris

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Stay away from any type of glue that dries hard. Also many silicones and similar flexible adhesives and fillers have solvents in them (after the solvent has evaporated the bond sets up) and therse solvents can actually erode the foam surround more before they evaporate and the material sets up. I'm sure someone will have a suggestion of something that doesn't have these problems, until then if you decided to try something make sure it doesn't dry hard and doesn't contain solvents.

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not going to do anything until I am sure it won't screw up my Tumult! Thanks for the reminder though.

I hear fried McKitten nuggets are good.....

-Chris

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Pay a visit to the Parts Express web site. They sell glue specifically made for speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks