What's new

Tumult Question (1 Viewer)

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
For those of us who have not received our Tumults yet, does anyone know if the Tumults we will receive will have the new motor like the prototype XXX subs I have seen?

Maybe our longer wait will pay off if we get this small upgrade? . . . .

What I would really love to see is the tumult with the XXX dustcap :D

new XXX

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What "new motor"? The magnet and basket look identical to that of the Tumults.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is the same cone. . .apparently that is just the dust cap!!!!

From another forum talking about the new XXX:

New motor structure.
Dual 2ohm standard.
Quad 1.4 or .7 optional, add $25.
Same price as the old ones I believe.
Apparently more SPL and a touch better SQ. (lower Qts, + more BL.)
Note the rounded bottom plate. . . .Maybe the Tumult already has the rounded plate on the bottom? I would not know. . . .but the side view picture I see everywhere of the tumult shows the bottom plate to be flat like the old XXX.

I verified the changes with RE to the XXX (I am on the waiting list for a "new" XXX with the new motor and dust cap:D), but they said they are not allowed to talk about the Tumult. Just thought someone might know something. . . .always curious!!!

Brian

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Wait, you mean there are still people who don't have their Tumults? geeze... :frowning:

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I do not know about the people on the preorder. . .I placed my order after the preorder while they were $469 including shipping.

Brian

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Preorders are filled. Restocking next week.

Remember, even though the XXX and Tumults may appear similar they are VERY different.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Called Adire. . . .Tumult will have the changes, but they feel specs will not change. . . .They consider the changes cosmetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks