What's new

Tumult in a Stryke Power Cube 15.2 cabinet? (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
Would a Tumult work in a Stryke Powercube 15.2, 25" cabinet using (2)18" passive radiators and being powered with an 830 watt into 4ohm amp? I have a AV15 coming which will be used first. However, I'd like to know my options of swapping drivers in the future if I feel the need. John Janowitz of Stryke already confirmed that the HE15 would be swappable in that cabinet so that's good.

Also, does John J. have a new driver coming out that is supposed to be a more capable but refind replacement for the HE15?

Thanks

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I was wondering about that myself as I was going to build a sub with my AV15 and maybe replace it with something down the road as well from Adire or Stryke (or some other third party if they show up).

Martice

Screenwriter
What are the dimensions of the cabinet? Is it 25" all around?

Also, it looks very nice. What are you using to push the driver?

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Martice,

yes, Al is right (since he built it).. it is 24" cubed.. I am using one channel of a Crest CPX 2600 to drive it, I think it is 800w/channel 4ohm.. Even at insane levels, with say U-571(dts) and The Haunting(dts), the driver, and the PR's are only moving say 1/3 of there max, and at this level, my pant legs are shaking.. To be fair, the same is true about my BPD 1803 which is running off the other channel of the Crest Amp.. it is nice having a system with such headroom built in.. I think the BPD 1803 has 3" of linear travel as well.. I am finally satisfied with the output of my subwoofer system..

Craig

Martice

Screenwriter
Thanks Craig. I hope you are satified with your bass output by now. A Tumult and a 1803 in one room?

Sheesh!!!

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks