What's new

Tumult box done finally (1 Viewer)

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the driver since December so it's about time.
Here is a link to a few pictures of the box. http://home.mindspring.com/~c-b-dixon/

For some reason the top looks kinda orange in a couple photos but it's the same stain as the sides and only slightly darker in person. The sides are Baltic Birch and the top is just Poplar(sp?)(I got it at Home Depot) stained with a antique maple I believe. The trim pieces are poplar stained with cherry.

It's hard to see in the photos but the corners are rounded on the trim pieces. The back is painted black because I goofed and made the trim pieces slightly to short. When I sanded the back flush I went through the first layer of the Birch in a couple spots.

As far as how it sounds I'm not an audiophile but I'd say it puts our old Paradigm PS1000 to shame lol. It's powered by the 1000w Keiga amp Kyle sells.

Now I just need to get a projector again.

Thanks for all the help with questions and comments I've had before building this beast,
Brad

DaveKahler

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great Brad! Finished it up about the same time as me, my Shiva goes live for the first time tomorrow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks