What's new

"Tulsa" (1949) Susan Hayward (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
There are a ton of Susan Hayward movies in what seems like public domain hell... one of my favorite being "Tulsa".

So far I have only seen a dollar disc version which is over compressed and faded and the VCI (Acme) version that has better compression but colors are blown and smeared due to over color correcting of a faded print.

Is there a "decent" DVD copy in Region 1 (or Region 0) of this Eagle-Lion Films (Walter Wanger Production) film out there? Suggestions?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Hmm...I think the bulk of the Walter Wanger produced-films wound up in the Caidin Films library, which has long been administered by the former Castle Hill (now Peace Arch). Peace Arch has its own label, but I think the Wanger films might have some sort of first-look arrangement at Warner Bros. - they've already released FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, STAGECOACH, and I MARRIED A WITCH on tape and/or DVD.

Otherwise, the Eagle-Lion library was absorbed into United Artists, so maybe MGM has the actual negative now.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Thanks Mark. I would think if MGM holds the rights to Eagle-Lion films that TCM would have a decent copy to show. I seem to recall watching it not too long ago and the transfer was poor - not unlike the PD quality around.

I did email PAE to see if they can tell me their standing on this title and if they reply will post their answer here.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks