Tull - Broadsword remaster

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rob Gillespie, May 2, 2006.

1. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I'm probably a bit late with this, but I just bought the remastered edition of Jethro Tull's Broadsword & The Beast. I'm very happy to report that the quality is quite a step up from the old CD and - at last - it wasn't mastered from an old LP which distorted as it got to the end of each 'side'!! The whole album now sounds clean and crisp and there's several additional tracks thrown in for good measure.

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

That's good news. It was Broadsword & The Beast that convinced me that I shouldn't buy anymore Tull until they were remastered. Great songs, but it sounded like crap.

Jason

3. MichaelBA

MichaelBA Supporting Actor

ALL the Tull remasters -- except, unfortunately, for AQUALUNG and THICK AS A BRICK -- are f*cking fantastic!

But BROADSWORD was, indeed, aching for a remaster more than most. The ticks and buzzing and other noises scattered throughout the old disc made it unlistenable.

My only complaint is that the extra tracks offered don't comprise EVERY song the band did at that time, 1981-82, but only about half. You can only find the remaining material on their box sets -- but UNremastered!

BOO! ARGH!