"Tuesday Night Book Club"---anyone catch this?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by EricSchulz, Jun 14, 2006.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

It was painfully bad! It seems way too staged for a reality show (much like MTV's "Laguna Beach"). About nine or ten pitiful women get together to bemoan how awful their lives are... I first thought that CBS was doing a drama in a "reality" show style until I read a review in USA Today that said these people are FOR REAL! I was hoping for a quick cancellation (like during the first commercial break)... Did anyone else catch this dreck?

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Wait a minute. . .that was a reality show?!?!?! I only saw the ads, but it looked like a scripted show. Did they at least discuss books? [​IMG]

My wife watched part of it. She said it was an inferior ripoff of Desperate Housewives.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I started watching with my wife and I had to leave after 5 minutes. What a bunch of crap. I really don't give a crap about rich good-looking woman complaining about how hard or bad their lives are. My wife watched the rest. I asked if it got better....she said no.

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Looks like we weren't the only ones that thought the show stunk...CBS just canceled it after two episodes. According to USA Today, it's unknown if the remaining six eps will air. How WILL I sleep tonight???