Tuesday Night - Best night of the new season

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob McElfresh, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

While waiting for Tech Support to fix our network, I went through the new season. It looks like the best night of television will be Tuesday nights. But it's going to be a bit of a problem:
    Tuesday, 8pm
    • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - UPN
    • Gilmore Girls - WB
    • That '70s Show - Fox
    • Dharma & Greg - ABC
    (I only hope the SuperStations package lets me record Buffy/Gilmore at Mountain times like last season)
    Tuesday, 9pm
    • Frasier/Scrubs - NBC
    • Smallville - WB (we'll see about this one)
    The worst night appears to be Friday with only Sabrina and the already-predictable Maybe It's Me. (Sorry Dark Angel fans, I WANT to like shows with strong female characters, but this one..just does not do it for me or my daughters.)
    Anyone see a different day as being the best?

2. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

After 'That 70's Show' on FOX, there's also 'Undeclared' from the guy who did 'Freaks and Geeks' and then '24' at 9p. Both shows are getting some of the best reviews so far. Tuesday will be a tough night indeed.
    The only other night that looks this dense with good product might be Sunday with the usual FOX line-up, 'The Practice' and 'Alias' on ABC, and the new 'Law & Order' series on NBC.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

You'r right! I completly missed Undeclared. The trailers I have seen make it look like Animal House, but Entertainment Weekly says it's rather a sharp comedy. I'm interested in this show as daughters 2of3 and 3of3 are both in High School and college life is visible on the horizon.
    I'm also looking forward to Scrubs, but I hope they have good technical advisors to keep from creating improbable situations.
    My wife saw the trailers for Wolf Lake and she gave it a life-span of about 3 weeks.

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

5. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

It's gonna be hard to decide, Buffy or Undeclared.
    [Edited last by John Torrez on September 18, 2001 at 10:08 PM]

6. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

quote: It's gonna be hard to decide, Buffy or Undeclared.[/quote]
    C'mon, is there even a choice? Undeclared all the way, baby!!! [​IMG]
    mike.
    ------------------
    Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®
    [Edited last by Mike Miskulin on September 18, 2001 at 10:20 PM]

7. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

That's why I have a Duel Tuner TiVo! Hehe.... record two shows at once,,,, YEAH!
    Jim
    ------------------
    Jayedeye@usa.net
    Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
    (I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

9. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

Amen, Jason. Gilmore Girls is the clear winner for me, too. But I'll be taping Undeclared and watching Buffy on Saturday night. My cable doesn't carry UPN, so our local WB affiliate is rerunning the new episodes (along with Enterprise) on the weekends.
    Funny. Those are the only network shows I really care about. It hadn't occured to me until now that they will be aired simultaneously.

10. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

Wait a second here. Buffy is the only answer on Tuesday nights. It helps when you don't care about the other shows mentioned. That way I don't even need to record them.

11. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Mike Blasphemer! Buffy is holy, and you must light candles before the Alter of Joss at 7:59 each Tuesday, before you are admitted into the glorious light that emits itself but 60 minutes per 7 days(and only 42 of those minutes!)
    10 hail Josses for you!
    Jeff "Insane High Priest o' Joss" Kleist
    (Only 4 days till Angel, 13 till Buffy, gonna make it)