What's new

TSoD probabilities list for 2006 (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Oh boy, yes I meant FKB. Thanks David.

Gary "and thanks for the list - I hope you are right about the Fugitive, because I've been expecting that since 2004" O.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
and while we're at it...

WHERE'S MY BUSH! ? that was supposed to have been out in '04 wasn't it???

and WHERE'S MY JOHNSON? come'on FOX, finish that one off..

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Yea some items from the wishlist and other goodies

Charles in Charge
Growing Pains
Grosse Pointe
Step by Step

I dream of Jeannie
Katie and Allie
Medium
Grey's Anatomy
Melrose Place

Maybe
Dinosaurs
Wings
Action

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Have we heard anything further on Get Smart? I know originally it was said to be coming between Sept. 2005 and June 2006, but we have not heard anything in a few months, and I was getting nervous. I hope the studio is not waiting to tie in to the Steve Carrell movie, which seems a ways off yet (maybe that can tie into season 2 or 3 on DVD?).

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ditto, Jim, which is unusual for me. However, I have more than a few sets already pre-ordered for Jan-March. Seems like, so far, Jan-Mar is a gold mine for me on classic TV releases :emoji_thumbsup: I'm waiting for a lot of the ones that Dave L mentioned in the "Black Hole" list. I hope that the "Black Hole" gets a dose of "anti-gravity" and releases some of those series in limbo :D

Laura Nicholson

Stunt Coordinator

I really only see 4 I plan to buy right away in my first quick glance.

Alien Nation (TODAY!!!)
NCIS
Numb3rs
Sentinel (YES!!!)

Of course, there are numerous other shows that should see next seasons released this year. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
While I haven't heard anything new, either, I think you can relax. I'm relaxed about it. I think we're simply at the "in-between" stage where they have leaked that the thing is coming, and they are working on it, and they have to get to a certain point before they can leak any more along the lines of what decisions ended up getting made about what content/extras will be on the discs, etc.

I'm not worried about the silence...yet, anyway. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It seems like you folks are all talking about shows that haven't yet made it to DVD...but can I ask the sage and seer and sometime snake-oil salesman to the King Family about whether a second season of Leave it to Beaver appears in his crystal ball? :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Sure hope Get Smart's coming soon and it's not a case of the "Old Fallen Into the Black Hole" ploy :D

Dave L: "Chief, I asked you [deleted] to tell me that!" ("deleted" is the removal of the "not" word from Maxwell's famous line :D Didn't want any mis-understandings here)

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
What about further seasons of Too Close For Comfort, Punky Brewster, & the second and final season of the Jeff Foxworthy Show in '06? Any updates on these?

Also, i'm curious to know if the Paramount/CBS split will have any affect on CBS releases like Hogan's Heroes & Touched By An Angel.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
My "YAY!" list is:

Action
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
American Dad
Animaniacs
Dinosaurs
Doctor Who
The Flash
Get Smart
Pinky and the Brain
Police Squad!
Robot Chicken
She Spies (season 1)

My "maybe, at the right price" list is:

30 Days
Alien Nation
All-American Girl
Dungeons & Dragons
Grosse Point
Hill Street Blues
I Dream of Jeannie
Medium
Numb3rs
She Spies (season 2, which wasn't as good because they tried to get more serious)
Star Trek Animated
Ultraman

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed CHiPs is not on the list. Why do you suppose this is so? I realize any show could be released at any given time, so there's hope. I thought a TV movie was in the works and also a new TV show that Erik Estrada was supposed to be in as an instructor for new CHP recruits.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
CHiPs is not on the list because I don't have any solid info that it is coming. It might actually be in-the-works, but I have no knowledge that it is.

Everything on the list are things we have solid info on.

re: Leave It To Beaver - Season 2....I don't have solid info on that, either.

If I'm guessing, then I'll guess "probably" for both of those. But the market's getting crowded if all the "probablies" actually come to pass this year! :)

Christi P

Agent
Dave,

Do do you think that the fact that Maria Bello is getting pretty famous could lead to the release of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (a short-lived show from a few years ago)?

Carla Gugino & Dominic Purcell are also getting more famous. Could that help get Karen Sisko or John Doe released?

Also, is there some reason why Birds of Prey wasn't released to tie in with last years Batman Begins and Catwoman movies? Is Birds of Prey caught up in some sort of ownership rights purgatory like the original Batman series with Adams West?

Monty B

Agent
Still no mention of "Get A Life" :frowning:

I'm starting to lose hope that we are ever going to see anything other than the two crappy Best Ofs released by Rhino.

John*P

Second Unit
Shows I'm interested in from the 2006 posting...

Charles in Charge
Dharma & Greg
Dinosaurs
Family Matters
Gimme a Break!
Grounded for Life
Growing Pains
Kate & Allie
Life Goes On
Perfect Strangers
Step by Step
You Can't Do That on Television

Also hoping to finally see Family Ties and Silver Spoons on DVD this year...

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Right now, I can't think of any other already released show that I'd be more upset about if we don't see a 2nd season set in 2006. We had better get that set, and preferably by summer. If Universal doesn't give us all 6 seasons of LITB I will literally puke.

Oh, I guess I would puke if Fox didn't follow up with more "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" sets too.

Gary "anyone want to see me puke?" O. :D

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I was really hoping that:

Birds of Prey
Superboy
Out of this World
Forever Knight: Season 3

would be on that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks