tsl3294hf & regular cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Mahoney, May 26, 2002.

1. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking into buying the tsl3294hf. However since I live in Boston, i really dont have very good cable system. Anyone have any experience with an HD set and regular cable. I'm a bit worried since I've heard some people say its awful.

I talked to the guy at tweeter and he just attempted to bull shit me on every possible aspect ie digital cable/sat is a fraud, progressive scan dvds are no better and that he refused to answer a question I had about the old sonys wegas since he didn't have any instock.

I really like the tsl3294hf but i'm afraid when i get it home that its gonna just look like garbage, but Id love the HD for DVD watching.

2. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Ever think of getting DTV or Dishnetwork? Cheaper then cable and pq is usually better (altho no where near DVD quality)
    Cable will depend on your signal level. You should be able to get an acceptable signal to go to the TV, otherwise, you can call the cable company to complain and have them come in and wire it properly.
    You are gona love the TSL for DVD's. I do [​IMG]

3. Jon Mahoney

Jon Mahoney Stunt Coordinator

The problem is that I'm in college and in an oncampus apartment, which means they give us no choice and can't get dish. You think a cable signal amplifier would help? I got one here now.