Trying to setup my Denone3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

First I just want to say I love my new Denon.
    But im having a little problem. I have a coax out from my cable box so i can get 5.1 from HBO and utilize DPLII. It works great except for the fact that I get no sound from regular stations like NBC, FOX, CBS. I only get sounds from higher channels, mostly just premium ones. Is this ok? Do I need to run plain ole RCA's also into the receiver and not just the coax???
    Also, how do I go about calibrating the Denon? Is there anyway besides bass and treble? Is there an equalizer at all I can mess with? Not to say I dont love the sound, cause I do. But im just curious.
    Thanks for the input.

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

Geez, that's a weird problem. I'm running an optical out from my DSS receiver to my 3802 and I'm getting sound from all of the channels. Have you set your receiver to AUTO instead of PCM or DTS?
    You want to mess around with the tone controls? There's nothing like that, just crossover settings and speaker level adjustments, that's it.