What's new

Trying To Get 6.1 From Sacd With Denon Avr4800. (1 Viewer)

Bernard Rose

Auditioning
Not sure if this can be done, but would it be possible to get 6.1 channel from my 5.1 sacd player? I'm also using the 2 channel poa-8200 for my rears but only using 1 for the rear for the time being.

I know that 5.1 channels can only come out of my sony sacd player, but... on the back of the Denon avr4800 there are pre-outs for the sub (which sacd uses)and pre-outs for all the other channels.

What I was thinking, using a "Y" cable similar to the cable you could use with your Sub, and connect the center channel of the "out" of the sacd player to the "center pre out" and "effect sb Left pre out". Seeing that sacd or dvd-a would bypass the logic circuitry of the denon then the same information that is coming out of the center ext could be replicated to effect sb left or right. Making your 5.1 ch sacd or dvd-a into a 6.1 ch.

I guess you could use any channel but seeing that I'm using only 1 rear channel I figure the center would help balance things alittle vice only the surround left or the surround right. Once I get back home I will connect the other channel and use the surround left and right channels.

I hope I didnt confuse anyone. I'm just trying to see if there is a way to get more than 5.1 ch's from my sacd player.

I would love to try this but I'm stationed far from home. And when I was one leave I didnt get a chance to try and figure this out till I got back here in the "sand box" and got a chance to look at the manual alittle bit more. Let me know if anyone has tried this or think it might work.

Thanks,
Bernard

David Judah

Screenwriter
It would work, but I doubt the results would be very satisfying since it wasn't mixed with that rear center in mind.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks