What's new

Trying to figure out the new dates and times... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
...that are listed under our names and locations in the left hand columns. They're in bold-face type.
Do they signify the most recent time we signed on or off to the HTF?
Just curious/stupid? :b
Edit-- Nope. That can't be, because a lot of them are the same...and haven't even happened yet!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:
They are your local date and time. The time changes when you refresh the page a minute or more later and the date changes on the next day.
This gives you an idea what the local time and date of the person you are responding to in a post or you want to see what time it is for a member that you know from the forum. And it helps if you can't remember your own date and time too. :)
Parker

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Parker,

You do a FANTASTIC job on this board. To me, there isn't one feature that stands out, but the combination of features that makes this board one of the easiest, most user-friendly boards out there.

Most of us (myself included) don't realize the time and energy you and Ron put into this place. Once again, thanks for all of your hard work.

Tim

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker!

Thanks a lot!

Told ya I was both curious and stupid! :b

I must agree with all the others. You guys do a terrific job and are constantly improving life at the good ol' HTF!

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Ok...I'm glad someone asked these questions...my time says that it's 8:28 right now, but in actuality it's 3:35! I went into edit options, and saw where my local time can be selected from a drop-down menu, but the drop-down menu is completely blank (and very narrow!). Am I not understanding this correctly?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thane:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was messing around with the display of timezones and got that part screwed up. Just go to the User Conrol Panel > Edit Options and selected your local timezone. The time should be fixed for you then.

Parker

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Parker and Ron!!! The new weather icons are great. It cuts out my trip to weather.com now. Although where I live I can pretty much predict how its gonna be :) Pretty soon I am going to be able to check my bank account here the way you guys set us up :emoji_thumbsup:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I don't get it, I just saw June 7th dates, and they were not that many time zones away. Why would someone in Montana {Mountain Time} show up with a time later than I am {Central}?

Jim

Sure I'm about to look stupid, but I'm used to it and nobody comes to FEEDBACK anyway. :b

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jim:

Who are you seeing from Montana that is showing up that way? The only way that will happen is if they are saying they are from Montana but have their local time set an hour ahead of us by one. They should be an hour behind.

Parker

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Not that it particulary matters Parker, but I don't think my Local Time is adjusted for the daylight saving/non-daylight saving times. Is there anyway to fix it?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nick:

Just set the time to your local time and forget about the the timezone you are in in relationship to GMT. If your local time is about an hour ahead just set it back another hour or if it is an hour behind just set it up an hour.
Go to the User Control Panel > Edit Options and look at the setting you have now and adjust it to the correct time to your location. For some reason GMT doesn't always work right when timezones east of it go to daylights savings.

Parker

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i dont like the main page appearance. it is really hard to see the hierarchy of the menus because there is no space between the root title and the tree title.

i mean, for example, root is "HTF martketplace", while the tree is "Hardware For Sale/Trade" and "Software For Sale/Trade".

there should be space to separate the root and the tree. and the font size of the root should be bigger. i find it hard to find my favorite forum because of the new lay out.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
My only complaint is how the red (or purple, if you've clicked on them) links look against the blue background, as it's a bit of a clash. The only example I've located is the "Click here for your local weather" at the bottom of any given thread. Would it be possible to make the link white, as it is for the rest of the links against blue backgrounds on the main page?

Otherwise, I love it...very clean. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks