What's new

Try A BUBBA Burger! (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Usually I'll shop at super-walmart, no meat counter.
If I go to safeway, who wants something like $4 a pound for ground beef to begin with, *if* the counter is open they only sell the leanest, most expensive.

Beef is shredded differently in colorado than anywhere else I've ever lived, it comes out looking like a packet of ramen noodles rather than ground beef I'm used to, therefore I prefer the "beef in a tube" stuff for that, and price.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
We didn't tailgate for that one, since there were only 4 of us rather than the usual group of 12-15. It was a road game on a weekday, so we got down there just before kickoff.

But this coming Saturday, Bubba Burgers will be on the menu when we attempt to get back to .500 against UAB.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
My friend is a huge turkey-burger freak. Swears up-and down that they're the shizzle. Personally I think they're very dry (as opposed to juicy), but do taste alot like beef patties. But for the price I'd just buy beef. Also, beef isn't a big deal to those of us on low-carb diets.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm. Figured this was one of those West-Coast things. But if I can get my hands on these supposedly acclaimed burgers at our local Meijer, I'm willing to give it a shot. We've got a new house, we could use a cookout to break it in. :D I'll try to keep an eye out for them next time I shop. Are they frozen, or what??

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor

I assume they are, I don't think you're gonna find them in the cereal isle :P
I checked availability & here in Indiana it look's like Meijers & Wal-Mart carry them.
I'm going shopping tonight & going to see if they have any.
Sounds like dinner to me.
I guess my question is how much do these wonderful burgers cost? Hopefully I'll find out here in a few hours :)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
They are already pre-seasoned but to each his own, your actual mileage may vary. The really great thing about these is that their so easy, pop them on the grill frozen, turn one time and viola. Really nothing else needed.:emoji_thumbsup:
Except maybe a really cold brew, should we start a thread about our fav bottle beer? We just discovered Tequiza, anyone drink it before, really good if you like a lime taste. ;)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

You can but I don't think the Foremans really cook beef all that great. I like it for chicken. You can pick up a cheap propane table top grill for about 15 bucks that take the little canisters. Then you can use it for the beach etc...

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Bad news from Indiana, my local Wal-Mart didn't have them. :frowning:
I guess I can try Meijers next time I go shopping.

I did buy some Topps Brand 1/3lb patties. So unless Bubba burgers put crack or something in their burgers I shouldn't taste a difference...... right?? :D

Word of advice, don't read the "Fat per serving" label :)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I don't usually buy food where I buy motor oil and toilet scrubbers...:D
Around these parts it's Publix, Winn Dixie, Food Lion or Albertsons. Most stores if you ask for them they will oreder them for you.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
can't help it, it's so damn cheap compared to safeway or king sooper's (kroger).

but their meat can be sucky at times.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I got the original burgers at Vons today for $8.99. They were pretty good but need some seasoning.

~T

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Was in Meijer tonight and noticed these burgers. I recalled this thread and figured I'd give 'em a shot. Picked up a box of six with onions for $6.99. Good although I probably should have cooked it a little longer.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I had some cooked leftovers from last night and found them to be tastier today by microwaving them after having been stored in the refrigerator. I've also found this to be the case with hot dogs. Is it just me or do you guys feel the same?

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks