Truffaut's ENFANT SAUVAGE aka Wild Child DVD - any reviews?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sebastian_A, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Sebastian_A

Sebastian_A Stunt Coordinator

Hey there. [​IMG]
    I am fan of Truffaut's work, and would like to know what the MGM DVD release is really worth. Unfortunately, L'ENFANT SAUVAGE is not part of mk2's box sets, so this is the only release out there.
    If anyone has this, I would really appreciate any info on the quality of the release.
    Thank you very much,
    Sebastian. [​IMG]

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I just recently watched this and I found the transfer to be very nice, I saw nothing that should discourage you from buying this, especially since you can pick it up at $13.67 shipped from Deep Discount.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Jay, thanks for the heads-up on that great deal! TWC is one Truffaut film I haven't seen. I'll have to snag myself a copy...

4. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

"...Unfortunately, L'ENFANT SAUVAGE is not part of mk2's box sets, so this is the only release out there..."
    ...actually quite a few Truffaut movies are not included in those sets:
    e.g. The Bride Wore Black and Pocket Money and Fahrenheit 451 and...
    . . . sigh . . .

5. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Judging from the trailers, MK2 also has the rights to Fahrenheit 451, but I have not heard of any release plans. The ones I'm most waiting for at this point are Day For Night & The Green Room. Who has the the French & US rights to those?
    About the MGMs -- they are certainly a vast improvement over Fox-Lorber both in terms of transfers and lower price. However, they are not anamorphic and have no extras. Those three MK2 boxes have made me/us very spoiled.
    Ted

6. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Just rented and watched The Wild Child two nights ago and was very impressed. An excellent image that looks like the film hasn't aged a day except for one faded reel about 20m from the end.