1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Truffaut's "Day for Night"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I think the R1 version was released Tuesday. Anybody know of other region's versions (comments) ? I vaguely remember there is a French 2 DVD version that's even subtitled (PAL??), may be it was discussed here under the Truffaut collection set.

2. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

Yes there's indeed a French DVD (not part of the MK2 collection though). The original title is La Nuit Américaine
    It features a commentary by Natalie Baye, some interviews (Truffaut, Bisset,...). The movie has ENG subs...
    I'll have to check the complete specs at home...

Cheers,

Vincent

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Hello Vincent,

I was planning to buy the R1 version. What about you? Or is the (image-) quality of the French R2 release (not counting the "PAL speed-up") good enough in your opinion?

Cees

4. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

IMHO, the French R2 DVD features a pretty good image considering the movie is 30 years-old... I doubt the R1 will surpass that...
    If you order it, please be sure it's the 2 disks set. I bought it in Belgium (I didn't know at the time that the French release was 2 disks), it's a single DVD release, but THEY KEPT THE SAME COVER AS THE FRENCH 2DVD SET, COMPLETE WITH THE WHOLE SET OF SUPPLEMENTS NOT PRESENT ON THE BELGIAN DVD, THEY JUST REMOVED ALL INDICATION OF A SECOND DVD !!! [​IMG]
    I just discover this fact, I'll ask for a refund to buy the French DVD...

Cheers,

Vincent

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons