What's new

Truehd/DD+ yamaha reveiver sound setup question? (1 Viewer)

cvrunner1

Auditioning
Real Name
chad vrchota
Hi, I saw your post and hope you can help me with the true hd/dolby digital plus sound problems. I see you have a yamaha receiver as do I, I have the htr-5940 receiver. Hopefully they are close to being the same. I have the toshiba hd-a1 hooked up to my yamaha reciever through optical and analog.My tv is the only thing hooked up with hdmi to the hd player.Im not sure about the hd player setting to get the right sound.All this pcm,bitstream,auto settings are making me crazy. what do you set your receiver/hd player to get the true hd/dd+ sound? How do you know which of the sound you are getting. The hd dvd im using is Superman returns.Do you have a multi channel button on you receiver remote control? to get the sound do you have to have that on to get the thd/dd+ sound. When i set the sound on the hddvd to truehd the sound is'nt thast great.
PLEASE HELP!
Thank You,
CHAD
[email protected]

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
I have the Toshiba HD-XA1 (with Firmware 2.0 applied) and a Yamaha RX-V659. Optical and analog sound connections like you mentioned.

To get True HD/DD+ sound, I use the remote's "Multi Ch In" button. Check this thread for player settings:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=668494

I know 2 settings are set to "Bitstream", but I don't remember what they were. The XA1 or A1 thread should help you.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks