What's new

True Romance (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
art - the ending you describe is included as an alternate ending featurette. it also has a commentary from qt (and i think tony) about how they went back and forth on the ending. qt ultimately agreed that tony was right on this one.

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ted.
I agree that the ending they decided to use is probably better. But the original just reads so well in the script, I thought that it was a bold way to end the movie.
I guess I need to bite the bullet and buy the 2 disc version. I would love to hear what QT had to say about it. So many DVD's and so little money:angry:

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
OK Great Movie with Slater. What about Brad Pitt as "FLOYD" simply Hilarious giving the "KILLERS" Directions to the Hotel... Classic.

"If I have learned anything. It's better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it" or something like that

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Samual L. Jackson also pops up in this one. His scene has another actor from the CROW. I forget the actor's name but he played Tin Tin the knife thug.
I love the movie but I can't help but wonder what tarrantino would have done with it himself.

Matt

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Not forgetting to mention Saul Rubinek who was excellent playing a character loosely based on Joel Silver.
And Brad Pitt as Floyd (who could easily pass as Jeff "the dude" Lebowski's brother ;)) just leaves me in stitches everytime.
As QT had mentioned in various interviews for Pulp Fiction, I believe that most of the characters in True Romance could also just be the lead character of their own movie because all the performances were truly great and memorable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just watched the two-disc dvd. A very good film with some memorable characters. By the way, Slater was excellent, though, it wasn't the best performance in the film.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks