True Lies

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Grant B, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Just watching the movie and thinking how it took my mother 30 years for me to tell her that my Dad was a spy and how weird true life is compared to fiction.

You'd of thought that appearing on the nightly news reporting of an over throw of a South American dictator for no reason would have given her a clue or the honeymoon In Havana after the Bay of Pigs

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

A little confused here Grant in your statement/phrasing. Did your mom tell you, you told your mom, or you dad told your mom and then she told you. [​IMG]

J

3. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard

Clearly what he stated was that it took 30 years for his mother to let him tell her that his father was a spy. She refused to listen to such nonsense for 29 years.

Chris

4. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al

"Clearly"? Heck, I'm still confused. But whatever happened it sure sounds like a facinating story.

5. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

There is a whole thread about his situation somewher, not sure where though, and that will sort of explain it.

6. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Sorry about incoherent mummbling.

When I was about 30YO I started putting together the pieces of my father who died when I was 1YO.
    He faked his death but was a little sloppy like his Drivers License that he got 2 days after he died. My mother never thought much about it and threw it in a box.
    I was watching the movie True Lies and just thinking about my mom not figuring out he was a spy for so long and little clues like knowing that unmarked buildings in Cuba was prisons for political prisoners.
    About 5 years ago my security clearence was being updated and the investigator asked me what my father did before he died.
    I came back with, "YOU TELL ME".
    He couldn't say much but he confirmed in a way at least he was on 'our side'.
    Which is a good thing to know when his name popped up all over the KennedyAssassination Files which really made me wonder

7. Grant B

Grant B Producer