What's new

True Lies in Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Interesting to read that the new region 4 version of "TRUE LIES" is being hailed in a review on www.michaeldvd.com.au as "THE BEST DVD TRANSFER THEY HAVE EVER SEEN".
That's a big statement.
It is Anamorphic (2.35:1) and apparently does not have any of the edge enhancement prevalent on the region 1 edition.
It has a consistant bit rate running between 6 to 8Mbps.
Needless to say, I've placed my order straight away.
------------------

YANG

Screenwriter
Hold on to your dollars!During the previous HTF chat,there was a mention about a FIVE STAR treatment to this film,with even an additional DTS track!
Do not forget about the PAL speed up that may cause the picture more sharper or better than the R1 NTSC release.
Of course,comparing the two region release(1 vs 4),the DOWNUNDER release maybe more value for money,cos you pay less and you get what you may get from R1 release.(minus the THX badge)

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I for one am definately going to be picking up the Region 4 release of this DVD because I don't think I can wait any longer to see this movie on my set up. After all it was a laserdisc of True Lies on a HUGE rear projection TV that got me into Home Theater. And if that 5-Star comes along I'll probably get that too and give the local one to a relative or something.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Actually it's not the PAL speedup that causes greater sharpness on PAL discs, it's the fact that the PAL standard has 100 lines more of vertical resolution as compared to NTSC.
I'm a bit torn now between getting the R4 vs waiting for the five star R1. R4's are usually quite affordable though. Hmm.
------------------
/Kimmo

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
quote: It is very good though the best this movie has ever looked.[/quote]
Save for the theatrical presentation
biggrin.gif

[Edited last by Dmitry on September 06, 2001 at 10:53 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks