True Blood: Season Two

Kevin Hewell

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Truth be told, I never realize his name was "Eggs" until posts from this episode.
His name is Benedict. Eggs is his nickname.

Lou Sytsma

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Loving the second season. Superior to the first in every way. Its odd though because Bill and Sookie are my least favourite characters. Take them out and the show would be better off for it.

JonZ

Lead Actor
Reaction score
"Lafeyette is the man (even if he is kind of a girlie man). My favorite character for sure."

One of mine too.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Just caught up on the last two episodes. I'm also loving this season much more than season 1. Also a Lafeyette fan; he's definitely my favorite character. Really liked Godric; I understand why he felt he had to go but sad that he actually did it. Would have been nice to have him around for future episodes. Maryanne freaks me out. I like the storyline but can't wait for someone to take her out.

Steve_Tk

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Enjoyed the episode. I'm really enjoying the Marianne line now. I think the reason I was not into it before was the other story line had my interest and the fact that it was the same thing week after week (we got the point that she had control over people). Now the story has really taken off and I'm on board. The two stories are both tying together very nicely and I think these last two episodes will be great.

Lou Sytsma

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Wow. Easily the worst episode of the season. It was hilarious but unintentionally so.

This must have been the Ed Wood episode.

TerryPM

Agent
Reaction score
I agree with Lou. I'm hoping this was not a "jump the shark" episode, but I don't know how you can redeem this towns people go crazy story line. I at least hope the Queen is not a deus ex machina solution to the problem.

Richard Travale

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm not normally the kind of person to get caught up in the emotion of a show(I'm such a liar) but, I almost lost it when Eric started pleading with Godric to not go through with it.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

It was hilarious but unintentionally so.
It seemed very intentionally funny to me (which is an odd move when you're closing in on the climax of the Maryanne story). Not to say that everyone has to find it funny but that was certainly their intent.

Garrett Lundy

Producer
Reaction score

Truth be told, I never realize his name was "Eggs" until posts from this episode.
"Eggs" Benedict Talley.

TrueBlood season one was so faithful to Dead Until Dark that I'm surprised at how season two has so little to do with the book series (To be fair a word-for-word adaption of any of the books couldn't fill 14 hours of a TV season, book #2 especially).

mylan

Screenwriter
Reaction score

So what was that crazy force emanating from Sookie's hand?

Anyone believe Andy when he said done with drinking? Heh.
Ahh, I've been reading spoilers from another site, do you really want to know?? (About the crazy hand glowing thingy, not Andy's drinking)

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Ian
I agree that this particular episode was intentionally funny, especially all the scenes with Jason Stackhouse (and he was in it a lot). This whole episode was played for laughs. The tone felt like "Shaun of the Dead" to me.
Much like The Sopranos, True Blood is very, very funny when it wants to be. However you usually have to listen closely for the "jokes".
IMO, this was the best episode this season, if not ever. It ratcheted up the action/suspense without jumping the shark. As I was watching it I said to my wife, "I didn't think they'd ever be able to top Season 1, but they just did."
I just hope this "queen" business doesn't let us down.

mattCR

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt
Tara now officially may qualify as the dumbest character on any show.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
It's getting predictable that every time Bill is supposed to be doing something, somebody will inevitibly keep him from getting back to Sookie. It's starting to remind me of that Batman movie where he is trying to get rid of a bomb and something always gets in the way.

Kidding aside, I like True Blood but I feel whenever there is some momemtum built up, the next scene almost always drags the pace down.

I am really hoping for a good finale for this season. It will be interesting to see what happens to all the towns people when the next episode is done.

Quentin

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Quentin H
Wow. That was garbage.

Sure, the last episode was intentionally funny and campy. Jason strutting with the nail gun. The whole God/smiting thing. But, this episode was equally UNintentionally funny to the point of being utterly miserable. I typically enjoy the cornball dialogue in a guilty pleasure way...but, the Queen playing Yahtzee? Eric's frazzled doo from flying? Jason continuing his dumbass streak? Annoying Queen comments about everything? Jessica's tantrum? The above-mentioned Bill delay (again)?

And then, the end...I dunno what that egg is. I don't care what that egg is. But, I do think it was an apt metaphor for the egg this show laid with last nights episode.

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Yeah, that episode really sucked. I know the pre-finale ep[isode of most one hour dramas tends to be complete and utter filler; but that episode, combined with the previous episode (they have Sam, no they don't, they have Sam, no they don't), was 100 minutes of nothing.

And yes, Tara immediately went to the bottom of a very deep pile of unlikeable, moronic characters. She'll be useless to me in the next season.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_Weber