What's new

True Blood Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode felt like it was just putting the pieces on the board, so the powers-that-be can start moving them into action next week.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty good. I like Alcide a lot. Good character. Sookie finally found Bill and now they are in the hands of the King. Tara's vamp is a nut, and all the more scary for it. She's sort of interesting now that he's got her. She might even be compelling as a vamp. Also,t he confirmation that Sookie is more than a mind reader was good. Still puzzled by the fact that both Marianne and the King are merely curious when they see her do that rather than scared. Felt to me like quite a bit happened in the main plotline.

Also got find out more about Eric. I was finding it hard to reconcile his encounter with the King at the time Eric's father was getting killed with when Eric was turned. It had to be while Eric was still human, but it seemed odd that he would then go to war as a king. Or that he would be so surprised at Godric. Not a plot hole, but it felt a little off. Always like seeing Eric though.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Eric did not manage to become King, but became a great warrior trying to win back his kingdom. And along the way, the various kingdoms became so fractured (or perhaps consolidated) that it was no longer a matter of winning back his kingdom, but simply being a great fighter for a particular side.

It was awfully convenient though that Eric finds himself in the home of his enemy. A bit too convenient for me, actually. A bit too "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?", you know?

Alcide is great. And I love how they emphasize his nature by having him occasionally use a gruff voice, like he's one step away from barking (or howling I guess -- not sure if wolves bark). I hope they spend much more time with him and Sookie.

I think King Fancypants was just amused by Sookie's power because he views her as a weapon now, a weapon to be harnessed -- and he has such self-confidence that he'll be able to acquire her that it doesn't even occur to him to be concerned. And he may not be mistaken, for really, the power to zap a person's head and have them thrown a few feet backwards is not that great a power.

Random confusion: About the family tree, when the big-eared crazy vampire rummaged through Bill's house, there were articles about the Stackhouse family spanning many years -- more years, I thought, than Bill had been in the house. We've been told that the last remaining human Compton lived in that house until a year before present day, so I'd thought the newspaper clippings were from the previous occupant of the house, not from Bill. The implication being that the Comptons had been spying on the Stackhouses for several years before Bill returned to Bon Temps. But I suppose maybe Bill found a pile of back issues of the town's newspaper or something...

I am upset that the Hoyt/Jessica love story was given such a setback. And I really wanted Jessica to find out from Pam how to solve her little problem. I expected the answer would be that she has to sleep with a vampire, and thus she'd end up sleeping with Eric, and that would really upset everything since Eric is probably much better in bed than Hoyt.

Looking forward to a showdown with the Magister.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Will_B

Perhaps Eric did not manage to become King, but became a great warrior trying to win back his kingdom. And along the way, the various kingdoms became so fractured (or perhaps consolidated) that it was no longer a matter of winning back his kingdom, but simply being a great fighter for a particular side.

It was awfully convenient though that Eric finds himself in the home of his enemy. A bit too convenient for me, actually. But whatever, I'll let it be.

Alcide is great. And I love how they emphasize his nature by having him occasionally use a gruff voice, like he's one step away from barking (or howling I guess -- not sure if wolves bark). I hope they spend much more time with him and Sookie.

I think King Fancypants was just amused by Sookie's power because he views her as a weapon now, a weapon to be harnessed -- and he has such self-confidence that he'll be able to acquire her that it doesn't even occur to him to be concerned. And he may not be mistaken, for really, the power to zap a person's head and have them thrown a few feet backwards is not that great a power.

Yeah, it's interesting .. but it comes out of nowhere (and is in none of the books so far, which is way past this season) it seems as though the series suffers when it loses the heart of the book.

But I do love the actors, who make the roles very good. I just view them as seperate entities (books/show) but it is interesting to see what gets changed.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

Yeah, it's interesting .. but it comes out of nowhere (and is in none of the books so far, which is way past this season) it seems as though the series suffers when it loses the heart of the book.

What is it that comes out of nowhere? (Don't spoil anything in the books --- I'm saving those for later!) But what were you referring to?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
For the first time, Im not bored with Tara being on the screen. Franklin, like Jessica, is REALLY entertaining to watch.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I find it interesting that a vampire requires permission to enter a human home when they can glam the human invite, as Franklin did to Tara.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Well that's what you get for sitting and having conversations with Vampires. ;)

I'm glad Sookie's power made a reappearance, and this is only the 2nd time we've seen her use it, so who knows how powerful she is, or can be? This is the first time she did it on demand. The first time was an accidental reaction, but this time, she concentrated and did it. I'd think she still doesn't really understand it, but I'm seeing enough as a viewer to at least accept that it seriously registered with her.

Tara's storyline has become much more interesting

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Third time. She zapped Maryanne, and then a while later she zapped the Meat Tree when she was pushing it over. Though it was not clear why she zapped the tree.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Jason is 'full retard'. It's hilarious and wonderful.

I think it's funny everyone here calls the chief villain "fancy pants". Ooooooh...real scary!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 trailer as shown at ComicCon this week:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=68215

It does have spoilers, but if you enjoy the show more for the characters and how they act, rather than for plot points, it might be "ok" to watch. Lots of flash frames and quick clips of upcoming episodes.

I chose to watch it but not freeze frame it, so as to leave some mystery.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Anyone still looking for more action? Loved last night. Tara! Finally a great sequence for her. She overacts, but the scenes where she was convincing Franklin she wanted to be with him were very creepy in a good way with a lot of tension. Jessica getting a meal at the restaurant was also hilarious. She does a great job. Loved her apologizing for her fangs. Russell and Eric with the queen of LA was good. And that's before the phenomenal scenes with Bill and his maker in the slave quarters. Lafayette was good and not his usual great with the boyfriend/redneck stuff. Sam's story got better, but is still a little mundane by comparison to everything else. The fiance of Jason's girl seem unbelievable that he accepted the story that Jason was mistaken about who Crystal was, but there might be more to that. Not sure where that line is going.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I havent really cared for the past 2 episodes. I liked Jessicas restaurant scene and the stuff with Bill, but not much else.

Oh yea, Evan R Wood looked pretty fantastic.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Charlie

SPOILER

If this goes according to the books, which we aren't in quite that place, the girl is a were-panther from a nearby town Hot Shots, and the were's find they are breeding themselves into inbred nothings.. so she'd like to go out of the fold. But her fiance is a douche who kidnaps jason. This is one of the favorite storylines from this book. But we are way off with the book already. So I'm not sure how this plays out really. But that's how the books laid it out.

I do really not care for some of the changes from the books now that I'm almost through with the books

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks