What's new

Truckload 'clamp' sale (1 Viewer)

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, I just went to Harbor Freight here last week and they had a sale on their bar clamps that I believe look to be the same except gray instead of orange in color, and same specs. FWIW, their sale prices were the same as these for the same sizes. As far as the EZ action aluminum bar clamps, I couldn't say. I didn't price any of those. I may go back to HF and purchase a bunch more. I picked up six of the 36" bar clamps, two of the 24" bar clamps, and also picked up four 1/2" pipe clamp kits.

Al Garay

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

Have you tried calling them? They may still honor the deal but you will have to call and ask. Darren Thomas did and was able to get 20 more middle of last week.

Al

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
thats right, try callin them. when i did last month the girl said the deal will last till they run out of clamps.

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
For everyone that has purchased these clamps, how perpendicular to the bar is the top pad of the clamp? Like Chris Keen said, these look an awful lot like the ones from Harbor Freight. Which everyone, who has seen my tempest project, knows I am a big fan of. ;) Also like Chris said, HFs are on sale until Feb. 10 at the retail stores. HF also has very handy 6" bar clamps on sale for like $1.50 each. I use these all the time to hold stuff down to my bench instead of my 5" C-clamps. The quick release of the bar clamp is really handy.

Anyway, the ones at Harbor Freight really need to be hand picked from the retail store because a lot of the top pads are no where near perpendicular to the bar.

For the price it really is a no brainer even if the top pad is not perpendicular but I really don't "need" these. But if the ones you have received are pretty flat, I might have to jump in and buy some! :D

Let me know if yours are perpendicular!

Thanks!

Ronnie

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i ordered 20 i had some befor from hd then i saw the sale then i returened them and got 20 for the same price.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
just got my clamps. they are not the same as the add but they are the same type just a different manifature they are red but they do have the rubber pads for the ends though.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
For everyone that has purchased these clamps, how perpendicular to the bar is the top pad of the clamp?
I haven't received my newest batch but I do own some of these Penn State bar clamps. The pads are so-so and can be uneven. I get around this by gluing some maple squares to the pad (keeps the clamp from marring the wood as well). The mechanism (handle, screw, ratchet, etc.) are adequate but nowhere near Bessey or Pony clamp quality. For a few $$$ these are a great deal & I use them in between my higher quality clamps. I have no experience with the aluminum bar clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks