Tru Life Adventures

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam_S, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Feb 8, 2001
    Just thought I would give all the Los Angeles Disney fans a heads up that in the next three weeks two of the Tru life Adventures will be screening in 35mm at the Samuel Goldwyn theatre on Wilshire as part of the Great to be Nominated series.

In two weeks, on June 27, In Beaver Valley will screen before Sunset Blvd.

In four weeks on July 12, Nature's Half Acre will screen before A Streetcar Named Desire.

Tickets are just 5$ for the general public and $3 for students and academy members.

Tonight I got to see my very first Tru Life Adventure, and it was the first Tru Life Adventure made, Seal Island. The print was wonderful (outside of the beat up opening long shots) and it was a delightful treat to see the film with an appreciative and enthusiastic audience. I can't wait to see the rest of the series and must say that there NEEDS to be a few Disney Treasures releases of this series, and I will definitely ask Maltin about them when I take his class this coming fall. [​IMG]

Oh and it was also announced there will be an "oscar Docs" screening this coming fall featuring the first twenty years of documentary oscar awards (41-61) and two other Tru Life Adventures films will screen then. Likely they are "The Living Desert" and "The Vanishing Prairie" .

(I probably just made Ernest's day)
  2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Dec 24, 2001
    FYI, there's an "e" at the end of "True".