What's new

Tru Calling season finale 4/29/04 (1 Viewer)

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Tonight is the 2 hour season finale. So, which one of Tru's loved one is going to die?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, Fox doesn't make that decision for another three weeks - the fall schedule often isn't decided until the day before the upfront presentation to advertisers (Fox's is May 20th).

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
I think it will be

Meredith for 2 reasons. She's hasn't been on the show much and she has that drug problem.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Well the show was great. Fox has order 4 more shows but that doesn't mean the show will return. It's my favorite show so I hope it will return, if not then it ended in a very bad way.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

Because this way, he knows who the enemy is. It's likely that the only reason he killed his wife was because she learned his secret, and the situation put him at too big of a disadvantage.

RG

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought the season finale was quite good. The ending was not as "twisted" as the FOX promo led me to believe. It explained a lot of what was going on and wouldn't be the worse place to end the series. At least it wasn't a giant cliffhanger.

I think there might be some other rules to the conflict between the two sides or else Jack might kill Tru. Or there might be some unintended consequences. Was there someone else with the power between Tru's mother and Tru?

Her father doesn't kill Tru because she is his daughter. He also might not have known for certain that she had the power and since he lost it when he killed her mother, maybe he "doesn't have the right" to do so.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions. It could be that Tru's father did kill her mother because he was losing the "contest" very badly and that was the only way to restore order. As Davis mentioned in an earlier episode, the death rate had dropped down when Tru's mother was operating. So, for every person she saved, Tru's father did not arrange the death of someone else.

Neil

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Well, she was already reliving that day. Is it possible that she can relive a day twice? Has it been done before? I don't know. Jack's full of crap. Messing with fate? He's the one who goes out and chooses replacements to die. There's more to this than meets the eye...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I admit I haven't been keeping up with the show, but I skimmed the episode guides on TV Tome. Interesting Yin-Yang premise with Tru and Jack and Tru's mom and dad. I am curious if any explanation has been provided about the motivations of both Jack and Tru's father.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It's awfully convenient to have the crazed jealous ex-husband who just has to shoot someone, even with witnesses standing there, witnesses he doesn't then also shoot to cover his obvious crime. Why didn't they have the guy arrested for assaulting Harrison?

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

This was the biggest problem I had with the story. Ot made absolutely no sense that you would have a guy hold a gun to your throat and then not report it.

Another hugse problem: Why did Davis not do something, anything, when he saw Jack talking to the guy? All he had to do was coast up, honk the horn and say a few choice words to Jack.

Heck, why not just lay Jack out and keep him tied up for the day?

A few really stupid plot holes.

RG

Guy_Uhler

Grip
I've really enjoyed the show these last few weeks. At first I was sure it was headed for cancelation. But as the show has gone on and they got more into the backstory and the myth, I have really enjoyed it. I do hope it gets renewed, but it's doubtful because of Fox's track record.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finished watching the last 5 hours of the show last night (thank you, ReplayTV), and it built up some serious momentum by the finish of this season. For a while, I thought Davis was going to take the bullet for Harrison, but Luc was such a 2-dimensional throwaway character that it made storytelling sense to bump him off instead.

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator
A snippet from E Online:
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...4/040503b.html
"From Shannon: Tru Calling was fantastic last week! It gets better and better! Will come back next year?
It is getting goood, no? Though the ratings are pretty dismal--Tru ranked a distant third on Thursday night, again. I've heard rumblings that Fox wants to take a chance and see how it does without Friends next season in the same time slot. Either way, you gotta hand it to 'em for sticking it out an entire season. Tru would have been DOA on another network."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks