What's new

Tru Calling Season 2 Out Next Week? (2 Viewers)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Just finished watching the set. I saw them before hand, but it was great to see them them in Widescreen. Very sad the show was cancelled as from reading that blog it looks like things were going to get intense later in S2

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I watched the final episode.

The episode looked GREAT. Makes me want to run out and get a widescreen TV.

As far as the featurette goes, just a standard five minute talk with the cast. Nothing worth seeing more than once, or even once.

But the show is just great. The second season of this was one of the best seasons of any recent TV show. And I wasn't even enough of a fan of the first season to have bought the box set of it yet.

The whole storyline was just getting involving. A very thought provoking show too, the whole free will vs fate debate, whether Tru or Priestley was really the bad guy, etc. There was so much potential. And judging by something that almost happened in that final episode, it could have really gone anywhere.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Well, the fact I want to know about that is because I'm canadian... and this exclusivity is, for canadian: a Restriction...

So, I really want the set, but I have no idea about how getting it, and I don't want pay shipping charges, so I prefer to go in a store... well, this is impossible here.

The canadian Best Buy website, and the Futureshop online store doesn't list the set.

I... Really... Hate... This... Best-Buy... Exclusivity. :thumbsdown: :frowning:

James T

Screenwriter

It's a Best Buy-America exclusive. I too want to know how long this exclusive thing is gonna last b/c I want this set. I guess if you're really desperate, there's always eBay, but you have to deal with the inflated prices.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watching the UK set tonight... including the 6 final episodes Sky TV didn't show over here.

I loved the 1st season so this was a sure buy for me without any 'research' - I just assumed Sky hadn't taken up the next season yet, and didn't know about it being cancelled:thumbsdown:

I'm gutted! The 6 I hadn't seen were great, and as others have said, it was so lining up for a fabulous season 2 - what happened over there? Did nobody watch it? Why did Fox do this?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Because, really, they weren't great (admittedly, I've only seen five). They had other shows that they felt more confidence in, and it was probably becoming very clear that it wasn't a show that was sustainable over the long term. They'd already played out most of the variations on the basic concept, so all that was left was piling more and more mythology on.

Also, how many times did they screw with the cast in one and a quarter seasons? The show was constantly trying to figure out what would work, and for what they were likely paying Dushku and Priestly, wasn't going to be profitable for Fox Network (and probably not for News Corp. as a whole).

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I wouldn't call anything they did "screwing with the cast". They dropped the sister character midway through season 1 (a smart move) and added the Jack character (an even smarter move). I have to wonder how long it took for most viewers to notice that the sister was gone. They had very little to do with her in the first place...

Another character didn't come back for the second season. It happens. It isn't like there were major cast changes throughout the series.

In my opinion, every change they made along the way only made the show better.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, Point Pleasant was in the pretty-young-people soap category as well as being paranormal. I think trying to match audiences too closely without a specific link was a mistake, but an instinctively reasonable one.

John*D

Second Unit
Point Pleasant was FOX's replacement for Tru Calling. They decided to go with it instead, and STOPPED the 2nd season production of Tru Calling.

Point Pleasant didn't even finish a full season before being canned. They should have just stuck with Tru Calling as Season 2 was starting out to be really good.

Although I liked Point Pleasant, I would have much preferred to have been watching a full 2nd season of Tru Calling.

We should just be glad they made the episodes for the 2nd season instead of just pulling the plug after the first season. Oh well...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the last episode of season two. Nice that it ended on that kind of note, if it had to end.

I wish the writers had had an opportunity for Tru to call Jack on some of his BS. Every time he would tell Tru "You're messing with the natural order and there will be repercusions!" I was hoping she'd say, for once, "For example?"

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Pointe Pleasant was Fox's replacement for North Shore. Tru Calling was originally slated to premiere in fall 04 right after The O.C.. It got dumped and replaced by North Shore.

John*D

Second Unit

:star: It wasn't exactly dumped for North Shore, they delayed the premiere of Tru Calling and went with North Shore. They pushed back the premiere for the second season of Tru Calling to early'05.

FOX then saw the episodes/dailies from Point Pleasant and made the desicion to halt production on Tru Calling and went with Point Pleasant.

Even though North Shore pre-empted Tru Calling in '04, they still had plans to continue with it in '05. Yet they ultimately chose to go ahead with Point Pleasant rather than continue with season 2 of Tru Calling.

"Speaking at the TCA Winter Press Tour, FOX president Gail Berman confirmed that the show had been axed, explaining that new supernatural drama Point Pleasant was more "compatible" with established teen series The O.C. "What changed for us was when we saw Point Pleasant, we really felt we had a show that was incredibly compatible with The O.C. So our thoughts changed, not so much about Tru Calling, but the possibility of not only having an exciting show and a winner at 8 o'clock, but also something that could really make headway for us at 9 o'clock in an incredibly competitive time period."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds18459.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks