What's new

Tru Calling - Season 1 on DVD (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
From the episodes I've seen, not really a fan of this show. I might feel different after watching them all close together(and all of them, i haven't seen all the eps. the first ones were boring and then I tuned back in during the last stretch of eps.).

But...since like I said, I'm not a fan. So I'll probably just rent it for the Eliza commentary.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
The first string of episodes weren't that great. But watching them closely together, would probably get you more into it. For Season 2, they say they're trying to do more story arcs, rather than stand alones.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The show started out with a mix of good, so-so, and bad episodes, but yet it came out strong with the last 8 or so episodes.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait, this is my favorite show. I missed the first couple shows but when I finally saw it I made sure I watched it every week. True, it has it's lesser episodes, but I expect that with most shows. For me the good ones made up for it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
This is my favorite show from last season as well... So I am thrilled about this one too! I am a big fan of Eliza Dushku. I have been since I first saw her as Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also got 3 other people hooked on Tru Calling so I am sure they will be thrilled as well. Hmmm.... I just may pick up a couple extra sets for Xmas gifts this year! ;)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a little worried it won't get it's back 7 episodes picked up. Right now, it stands at 13, but so do most other shows. If the ratings don't pick up this season drastically, we can say goodbye to Tru. :frowning:

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'll buy the Season 1 DVD, but I hope we'll see an eventual DVD release of the aborted Season 2 (6 episodes).

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
And ruin the chances for FOX to release season 2 seperately with more extras. This way, I think it would have been easier to release the seasons seperately because FOX would have to raise the price for the season 1 DVD set if they included the season 2 episodes (and anyway the DVDs were probably almost finished for season one by the time season 2 got the axe). Studios are in the business of making money. Season one of Tru Calling will probably make good Christamas presents to some TC and Eliza Dushku fans.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Oh wow!... has season 2 officially been axed? the last I heard it was delayed till early next year. Not that I would be surprised at all about it being canceled but did I miss an official announcement?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Was set as a full season, then a midseason replacement (13 episodes), then a 6 episode order. After filming the 6 season 2 episodes the show was cancelled, before any of season 2 had even aired.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks... I heard all that before.. I just didn't hear if it has been officially announced yet or not. After reading this I checked some websites... futoncritic, tvtome, fox... and this was posted at tvtome.com :

November 19, 2004

FOX has finally updated their website, and in the "Ask Fox" section, there is a FAQ about Tru Calling, and FOX says Tru will definitely come back next year.

Its not listed in the canceled shows at futoncritic.com and everything for Tru Calling IS still up at fox.

So as far as I can tell as of yesterday it still has not been officially cancled... even though I would not be surprised one bit if it gets canceled

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
The actor who plays Tru's brother has said at a convention that all the actors have been released from their contracts and all the sets have been torn down.

So official statement or not - the show is gone.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
thanks...
The main reason I wanted to know if it was official... is because... and I could be wrong here... but as long as it's not officially announced we still have a chance to see the 6 episodes of season 2 that was made.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
And Pete, that may be the reason the show is not officially cancelled yet: to let those 6 eps be broadcast at some point. Will they ever make it to DVD? I hope so, but there's no telling. It would be a mighty thin box for "The Complete 2nd Season"...what, a couple of discs at most?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks