What's new

TRU & Amazon.Com PS2 Buy 2 get 1 free 10/27-11/02 (1 Viewer)

John Bryant

Second Unit
Yep, last year's deal of the year is back. Good on any games $19.99-$49.99. Online code for Amazon.Com is 906642 and it is working RIGHT NOW. Just ordered Suikoden III, Vice City, and LOTR The Two Towers. PS2 games only.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the free advertisement. ;)
Come on into the stores too! No need to wait for shipping if you've got a TRU near by. One note: It starts in-store on Sunday 10/27 (see coupon in your local Sunday newspaper).

Frederick

Second Unit
The closed the Toys R Us that we had in the Loop :frowning:. Now there isn't one that's convinient for me to get to. So it's Amazon/Toys R Us online for me. Thanx for the heads-up!
Freddy C.

MatS

Screenwriter
fyi it appears that the code only works on games priced $49.99 and also does not work on games shipping in November or later (ie. NHL2K3)

John Bryant

Second Unit
***Will not work on games priced more or less than $49.99, also game has to be released before 11/2 to be eligible***

JamesH

Supporting Actor
That sucks. There were some later releases like Shinobi and Rygar that I wanted to get but I couldn't. I also tried to get Wild Arms 3, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank(all priced $39.99) and I couldn't.

In the end, with one order, I got GTA:VC, Suikoden 3, and Contra. I made another order with games that will ship right away and got Dynasty Tactics, Burnout 2, and Red Faction 2.

I'm probably going to take Red Faction to either Wal-Mart or Circuit City and get Deathrow.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up! Got GTA: Vice City, Lord of the Rings the Two Towers, and Contra all for $105 shipped! ;) Great deal.

John Chow

Second Unit
Anybody know how this works in store? Do you need a coupon? Is the coupon in the Toys 'R Us ad in the paper, or will they have it on location too? Kinda like how you can go to Best Buy/Circuit City and get their flyer in store. I'd rather not have to hunt down a newspaper, and then go to a store and not find the games that I want. On the other hand, I don't trust Amazon.com to necessarily ship things soon, since they're not listing Suikoden III or Contra as being released until tomorrow, so it's hard to figure out how much stock they have vs. the # of orders I'm sure they've been deluged with.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Last year the coupon was in the weekly ad and the ad was readily available in the store. Amazon does suck at shipping, last year they took forever to get my games to me. I made an order with 3 games already released so hopefully that will get to me soon and hold me over until my 3 preorders get here.

Last year, I just bought GTA3 at Target to hold me over and then returned the unopened one from Amazon to Target when it got to me.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah last year they were slow shipping out the games, I e-mailed them and asked why it was taking so long and they had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't be complaining because I'm getting a game for free. Can you believe that? Anyway, I ordered again this year and more then likely will just buy the games at Wal-Mart then return the games from Amazon when they arrive here.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Yea, the coupon will be available in-stores. Last year's deal was only on EA games (there was also a deal with Acclaim games). This year it's ALL PS2 games...a much better deal.

MatS

Screenwriter
Last year's deal was only on EA games (there was also a deal with Acclaim games).
not true...last years deal was on all games and online even some samplers (Jampacks) and accesories (vertical and horizontal stands). May people took advantage of this thus the greater restrictions online this year.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the IGN boards were abuzz with tales of 2 Jampacks and a brand new game for $14. It was pretty amusing. I tried one just for the hell of it but ended up canceling when I got an email invoice for the full amount......and they credited my card $49.99(sweet!) even though they hadn't charged anything to it. With this kind of management, it's no wonder it took Amazon so long to turn a profit. Of course, they also did screw up my legitimate order: I ended up waiting a month longer than I should have for MGS2, and they actually charged $5 to ship it MEDIA MAIL! Note to customer service: when you're already pathetically behind the promised ship date, it might be a good idea to choose a method that isn't the cheapest and slowest.

By the way, if you want the deal on a

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Suikoden 3, Vice City, Contra for me!

only need to get Metroid Prime and Baldur's gate dark alliance (PS2) and I'll be so done 4 the year with games.

-ELmO

John Bryant

Second Unit
Went to the store a bit ago and picked up Suikoden III, The Two Towers, and Hot Pursuit 2. Anyone else go today?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The add in the paper doesn't state that the games have to be $49, just $49.99 and under. Maybe the online ordering system is hosed?

-Dave

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Today I went there and got Wild Arms 3, Sly Cooper, and a "filler game" to take back and exchange for Ratchet and Clank when it comes out.

Already got my order of Dynasty Tactics, Burnout 2, and Red Faction 2(swapped for DeathRow).

Now the waiting game begins.....Suikoden 3, Contra, and Vice City...mmmmm.

I now ask myself, do I really have time for all these when I'm also getting Steel Battalion, Unreal, Mechassault, Metroid Prime....(and maybe Shinobi, Rygar, RE0, and Ghost Recon pending reviews. Good thing I'm only taking 12 hours this semester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks