What's new

Troubleshooting my Denon AVR-3805 (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I did a search but came up empty handed with this question/issue.

I bought a Denon 3805 a week or so ago. I finally got my DBS system installed a couple of days ago along with an off-air antennae to catch my locals in HD.

For sound, I currently have a single digital coax cable going from my RCA-DTC210 HD DBS receiver to the Denon 3805. I have the 'auto' detect mode on for surround purposes.

Most of the channels that I have subscribed to with DirecTV are in typical "digital" pro logic format. HBO HD, Showtime HD, HDNET, etc, etc usually come across as being formatted in Dolby Digital.

The problem is this... when I'm flipping through channels, the Denon has no problem going back and forth between the sound formats. However, if I 'surf' through the channels fairly quickly or if I'm watching programming with sound broadcasted in Dolby Digital and then go *back* to a standard 'analog' channel... the receiver goes out of auto detect mode and on the left hand side of the display on the Denon then shows 'analog' versus 'digital'... and then hence, I have no sound.

To remedy this, I have to hit the I.MODE button on the remote control for the Denon and put it back into AUTO mode where it then recognizes the digital connection again. However, it is only a matter of time and a few changing of channels before it reverts back to the analog mode.

Has this happened to anyone before? I am wondering if I should just go back into the system set-up menu and turn off the auto detect mode??

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Scott.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You could go ahead and hook up the L/R RCA connections. That way when it fritzes to “analog” you’ll still get sound.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I thought about that... while definitely a makeshift solution, it still doesn't make sense as to why it would be happening?? When I get home, I'll try and disable the auto detect mode within the system setup menu of the receiver.

If it doesn't work, I'll hook up the L/R RCA connection to get an analog signal. I don't think one should have to do that with this kind of set-up. I'm just curious of anyone else has ever had this kind of an issue??

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks