What's new

Trouble with Total Action Universe (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
same here Michael. I have spoken to Roy (csr) on the phone a number of times now. Though he is very nice, he is not much for providing concrete info. My set supposedly shipped on June 29th. He is claiming the delay might be because of our Independence Day holiday and he says Canada had a holiday the same week. Also I guess Canada does not have postal service on Saturdays. Either way this delay has now reached the unacceptable level.
in best South Park voice: Blame Canada

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm getting the same story, Mat, but I don't buy it. Previous shipments from TAU have reached me in 7-10 days. A holiday or two might lengthen that by 1-2 days, but not 4.
I was wondering whether my package got lost in the mail, but since you're having the same experience, it's unlikely. More likely explanations are that TAU didn't ship when they say they did, or that they've switched to a different class of service that takes longer.
Oh well, I have plenty to watch.
in best South Park voice: Blame Canada
"They're not even a real country anyway."
laugh.gif

M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on July 13, 2001 at 01:32 PM]

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I see I'm not alone. My Kubrick set also supposedly shipped on the 29th and has not arrived.
I ordered Die Hard Box from them after receiving the shipping notice and I received that yesterday!!!
My guess is that they didn't they ship on the 29th at all.

MatS

Screenwriter
Joseph, it better have shipped on the 29th as my credit card was billed for it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The saga continues.
TAU says they're mailing me a replacement. At my insistence, they're doing it with a tracking number supplied by the Canadian postal service. I won't be able to verify the mailing for a day or two.
M.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I called today and they're reshipping it to me. Apparently they say a bag of these were lost in the mail.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Fascinating. I just emailed the famous Roy to report that the tracking number he gave me on Monday, July 16, still isn't in the Canadian postal system two days later.
There are some obvious speculations that one could make about what's really going on here, but I'll restrain myself.
M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Did anyone receive their Kubrick set while HTF was down? The tracking number sent to me by Roy at TAU still doesn't exist in the Canadian postal system. On Friday, I emailed Roy asking him to confirm the number and advising that, if I received nothing by Monday (i.e., today), I would protest the charge with my card company. Here's his reply:
Mr. Reuben,
We are at a loss as to how this second shipment was somehow lost, and if this order does not arrive in today's mail please let us know as well will be happy to refund this order. We all here hope you can accept our sincere apologies for this delay and do not mislead customer's in any way. We also don't blame you for not shopping with us again and hope there is no 'ill feelings' towards us. If there is anything else we can do for you please contact us at anytime.
Sincerely,
-Roy
I see three possibilities:
1. TAU and I have been the victims of a confluence of misfortunes so statistically improbable as to defy belief;
2. TAU is so incompetent that they can't ship to me successfully, despite multiple attempts; or
3. TAU has never really shipped the order but has been stringing me along for as long as possible hoping that they'll be able to eventually, and now they're throwing in the towel.
Note that a refund by TAU will be in Canadian dollars, and at today's exchange rates, will probably be less than the charge placed on my card almost a month ago.
M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The latest: TAU has offered me both a refund and another shipment (this would the third one). I'm waiting to see what happens next.
M.

MatS

Screenwriter
Michael,
I finally received my replacement shipment though I cannot say what day it arrived, since it shipped to my office and I was gone Friday thru yesterday

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Mat and Joseph --
Congratulations to you both! I'm still without anything (except a charge on my Amex, which I'm disputing).
TAU never did send me a third shipment. Instead, the tracking number they'd sent me earlier suddenly showed up in the Canadian postal system -- two weeks after the package was supposedly sent. Well, the tracking report says that the package was delivered yesterday, but nothing arrived here. I suspect the tracking number belongs to an entirely different shipment.
There's also been no refund, which is why I finally contacted Amex.
TAU's handling of this order has been so poor that it's almost comical. They've more than exceeded any previous problem I've encountered with any other mail order outfit (DVD or otherwise).
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks