Trouble with Total Action Universe

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MatS, Jun 15, 2001.

1. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

how legit are these guys. I placed an online order on Monday 6/11. The status still shows up as pending and I have yet to get anyone to answer the phone this week at their 877-40-total number

2. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

I have purchased many times from TAU and have had no problems. I have never tried to use their 1-800 number but they do answer their e-mails promptly (24 hours).
    I would suggest trying an e-mail before you give up on this company.
    Chris
    ------------------

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

By any chance, would the order be for the new Kubrick collection? They seriously underestimated demand and sold out immediately. They were expecting a second shipment this week, but it didn't arrive.
    They do answer the phone, but only sporadically. I don't think there's a separate customer service staff (how else could they keep prices so low?). If you keep trying the number, you'll eventually get someone. Or you can try email.
    My previous two orders with them were shipped promptly, carefully packaged, and had unbeatable prices. They don't charge your card until they ship, so you're not at risk.
    M.

4. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

thanx for the update guys. The item indeed was the Kubrick Collection. I will wait patiently..I was just surprised after countless times I could not get anyone to answer the phone. I sent an email from work on Fri, so maybe a response will be awaiting me on Mon.

5. Michael Reuben

UPDATE: I just received an email from TAU (in response to an inquiry) reporting that they've confirmed shipment to them of additional copies of the Kubrick collection. Now they just have to receive the shipment.
    M.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I just ordered from them, how long does it take usually to get orders to the east coast from their secret US warehouse? I chose the cheapest shipping because I forgot it was Candadian $ [​IMG]
    Jeff Kleist

7. Michael Reuben

Assuming the item's in stock, it's taken a week to ten days for the item to reach me. Worth the wait considering their prices.
    But this delay in shipping the Kubrick collection is getting ridiculous. Reminds me of the nonsense I used to get with Buy.com before I stopped using them.
    M.

8. Jeff Kleist

I got a shipping email 12 hours after I placed the order, impressive
    Jeff Kleist

9. Michael Reuben

I just returned from five days out of town, and TAU still hasn't shipped the Kubrick collection. As of a week ago, they were expecting to ship it "any day".
    If I didn't have so many discs to watch that were ordered from more reliable vendors (i.e., DVD Empire), I'd cancel and look elsewhere. But I'll certainly think twice before ordering again from TAU.
    M.

10. Matt Perkins

Matt Perkins Stunt Coordinator

Well, I just cancelled my order with them. I got exactly what I paid for ... in fact, spending two weeks without the set I had been wanting, I got a little less.

11. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

I will give another recomendation to not ever use TAU again. Placed an order for the Kubrick Collection back on 6/11 and the order is still, to this date in 'pending' status, not even 'backordered'. As Michael said they were supposed to have this title back in stock at least a week ago. Even more frusterating is the fact you cannot get anyone to answer the phone at their 877-40-total number. I will be cancelling my order immediately via email

12. Michael Reuben

I just got off the phone with them. They claim to have received a new shipment and to be fulfilling most backorders today. I'll wait to see whether I get an email confirmation.
    I also informed them about this thread and emailed a link.
    M.

13. Jeff Kleist

Got my order today, no fuss, no muss. I seriously think that they were just having problems getting the set back in
    Jeff Kleist

14. Michael Reuben

Jeff, was your order for the Kubrick collection? If so, you must know a secret password, because your order (6/19) was placed after Mat's (6/11) and mine (6/7). [​IMG]
    M.

15. Jeff Kleist

Bwahahahahahaahhahaha! I am one of the most notorious Kubrick haters on the HTF, my rants on 2001 have annoyed Jack on many occasions
    Sorry, no it wasn't, it was for X-Files S3
    Jeff Kleist

16. Michael Reuben

Oh well. TAU was prompt with my X-Files season 3 as well.
    Maybe they share your opinion of Kubrick. [​IMG]
    M.

17. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

I've ordered from them and had no problem. Great prices, and the shipping time was acceptable for a Canadian order. I actually had no problem getting them on both phone and email when I had questions.
    -Max

18. Michael Reuben

LATEST UPDATE (if anyone cares): TAU has now emailed me that my order for the Kubrick collection has been "filled".
    M.

19. Darius

Darius Extra

I'm putting a 100 light years distance between me and this store.....
    I tried them when absound was down and my 6/7 pending orders have not shipped yet. Worse they immediately charged my card on the order date. Never again.... Their customer service sucks big time. No reply to my e-mails.. no one answering the toll free number [​IMG]

20. Michael Reuben

Well, it's been two weeks since my Kubrick collection supposedly shipped, and nothing has arrived. Guess I won't be placing any future orders with TAU.
    M.