What's new

Trouble With IE Internal Script Error Messages (1 Viewer)

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a heck of a time with an IE Script Error that happens when a program of mine opens up a web page window to look at items on eBay, and wanted to see if you had any thoughts.

I've been searching all over the web and have tried IE settings such as "Disable Scrip Debugging (check mark)" "Display a notification about every scrip error (unchecked)" and registry settings in IE such as "DisableScriptDebugging - yes". A typical message reads:
"An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 111
Char: 2
Error: 'Document.Referrer' is null or not an object.
Code: 0
URL: (website code)

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

I've also reinitialized a few regsvr .dll files and nothing is working. I've scanned for spyware and cleaned up with AdAware, SpyBot and Bazooka.

Nothing seems to work. About 4 or 5 IE Script Error Windows will pop up successively as I click to close them before I can properly view my page. Crazy thing is that when I installed Mozilla a month ago, these error messages went away even though this program uses IE to view pages on eBay. The error messages came back this week, and they really make the program unusable. I have the program on my laptop as well, and (fortunately) don't get the error messages there. As I type this, a change I made this week comes to mind… I installed Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier. Maybe something in there is causing me trouble, and it's not on the laptop yet. However, I had SystemWorks 2004 on both computers (errors on desktop; laptop runs program fine), so that may not be an issue.

If only there was a way to truly disable the displaying of these messages as they come up in this program I'd be set. I never see anything like this when browsing eBay (or anywhere else) in Mozilla or IE, only when this program (SnipeRight) accesses the web. Thanks for any insight.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've been receiving a similar error message on one of my PC's when I attempt to configure virus scan options within MacAfee's antivirus software (version 9). It only happens on one of our two PC's, which are both running Windows XP Home SP2. The only difference is the one with the error Dell Dimension 3000) came with XP SP1 installed when purchased, while the other (older eMachines) was upgraded to XP from Windows ME. Also, the Dell is running the NTFS file system, while the eMachines is FAT.

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
It's interesting how seemingly minor differences in setup can affect things like this. I'm giving up on using the program on my desktop for now as it's too much of a pain to deal with all the errors and I've put in too many hours trying to fix it. I have my notebook version to fall back on, and still have no errors there. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks