Trouble getting letter from old apartment complex

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelley_B, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Heres the story I have been trying to get a letter from my old apartment complex stating that I lived there for a year and paid my rent, well I have been trying for almost a month now and they are holding my mortgage loan up, and we have a house, a contract, etc....all I need is this letter! What should I do? All my family is calling them asking for the letter, today I am going up there and demanding the letter. Any suggestions on what to do?

2. Steve Zatkoff

Steve Zatkoff Stunt Coordinator

Would canceled checks suffice?

3. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

Around here, most apartment complexes are owned by some conglomerate that is not located in the city or nearby. Usually they are run by some 'service' that handles the billing and maintanence, etc.

Perhaps you can contact the main 'owners' via phone, explain to them what you need, and have the letter faxed to you with a followup via the mail.

~Kurt

4. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

Another idea is to supply the letter you need them to write for you, stating the facts absolutely accurately, leaving room for the person from whom it must come to sign. Sometimes things don't get done because people don't want to be bothered to look up the info or don't want to be bothered to draft correspondence, but they will gladly sign a ready-to-sign letter. They'll need to add something to the letter as verification (title, a business card, etc.) or they may need to copy it onto their own letterhead, but this can still be faster under certain circumstances. Going over to ask for a sinature on a ready-to-sign letter is much more likely to succeed than going over to "demand" a letter.

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I just called the main office of their property owner and spoke with the regional manager and he said I will have it within 30 minutes.....I better have it in 30 minutes!