What's new

Trouble getting a 3802 for the right price (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who wants to upgrade to the Denon 3802. The lowest authorized internet price is $999. The lowest dealer price I can find in Tulsa is $900 plus tax. $900 no tax is tops that he wants to do. He wants to buy online and go with an non-authorized dealer at this point for $775ish shipped and I'm trying to sway him otherwise because of warranty issues.

I've tried to tell him about the Amex deal but to me and him both its a pain in the ass so he is avoiding that.

Can anyone suggest a dealer(online authorized or what have you) that I could suggest to get this receiver for $850 plus tax or $900 no tax or less(see below).

A possible drive to OKC or Dallas is possible I guess if thats what he has to do but then the price would have to reflect the gasoline spent and I'm not sure thats worth it.

Can anyone help?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shane, in doing a cursory search on mysimon.com I found a few dealers that have the '3802 for $850-860. Go to the following link:
Link Removed
Scroll through for dealers selling the '3802. The dealers probably aren't authorized, but at least some are selling the '3802 for less than $900.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Looking for authorized only...thanks KeithH for your time though :)
Anyone else or is this hopeless?

John Royster

Screenwriter
Try your local dealer. I got mine for 850 bucks, authorized dealer and all.

Try building a relationship with an audio store/salesman that you can frequent. That way you can demo any gear you wish in your home without consequence and choose what's right for your environment. Not only that, you'll get to a point where you're buying stuff at 5 points over cost and coming VERY close to any internet deal. Good luck.

I thought auditioning this stuff for a month for free was part of the fun, no?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
We've tried every local dealer except for 1 which usually doesn't negotiate much if anything. I guess I can hope that this works

John Royster

Screenwriter
good luck. don't bullcrap and say....

"thanks for your time, I would love to recommend you to my friends (don't bullcrap..start giving him some business). Here is a check for 850 dollars. Do you want to sell me that 3802 or should I take my business elsewhere."

You get any flack...you thank him for his time again and leave and never come back.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shane said:

Can anyone suggest a dealer(online authorized or what have you) that I could suggest to get this receiver for $850 plus tax or $900 no tax or less(see below).
With the "or what have you" part, I figured you were open to all options, including unauthorized dealers. I agree that an authorized dealer is the way to go, but it ultimately comes down to how important price is to your friend. Best of luck.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
6TH Ave Electronics....$850 shipped ..maybe less...go to www.6thave.com call their number and order thru phone. It is listed at Denon's website as an authorized dealer.....NUFF SAID!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
There was a thread within the last couple of days where the contributor was detailing how he purchased a 3802 from Crutchfield through some convoluted method that resulted in an end price of about $640.00 shipped. Try searching for Crutchfield or Amex. It looked like it would work if you were willing to jump through a couple of hoops.

Russ

Randy G

Second Unit
FYI, I've hooked up a number of folks on this forum with my local authorized dealer who'll do the deal for $875 shipped. No, he isn't the cheapest on the net, but he's friendly, honest, and very knowledgable about Denon. He also is great about getting stuff fixed for free AFTER the warranty has expired(if you haven't sent in the warranty card..which is up to you). You can email me at [email protected] if you're interested.
Regards,
Randy
ps- also Mission, PSB, Monitor Audio, Lexicon, Velodyne, Onkyo, Integra, Sherbourn and others.

Norm Strong

Stunt Coordinator
You would be wise to let your friend make the deal he wants to make without your interference. As long as he's in possession of the facts about the warranty issue, he's perfectly capable of making the right decision--for him.

You've really bent over backwards to help this guy. It's time to back off.

Just my opinion.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Eric, that 6th ave link does not work! Do you have a better one or a phone number.

PS//// If you are going to pay $900 for a 3802, its time to go Onkyo 898 for $1050 at JR an authorized dealer!!!! $900 is too much for a $999 retail unit.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Norm, if I were the friend Shane was seeking information for, I would appreciate his efforts. The more options for a good deal, the better in my opinion. It's not like the friend gave Shane an open checkbook and said, "Go out and buy it from whomever." Shane is doing some nice legwork for a friend, and that friend can look over the options Shane has contributed and make a decision of which way to go. Nothing wrong with that. Just my opinion.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Don't be so hasty to block out internet dealers in your search!!
quote""""""""""""""""""""
Sound Professionals Inc. was established in San Diego in 1973, and we've been on the internet since 1997. We pride ourselves in providing the professional knowledge and service you would expect from a business with over 26 years experience. Our goal is to make the internet buyers experience the best it can be, by offering lower prices and better service without the hype that you will see elsewhere on the web. We know and believe in the products we sell, which enables us to provide the information necessary for each individual to make an informed purchasing decision, which is rare in today's ever-growing internet marketplace.
PRIVACY POLICY
Sound Professionals, Inc. is committed to your trust and respect for your privacy. It is our policy to keep all personal information we collect for order processing and advertising strictly confidential.We do not give out or sell any information gathered from this site.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
All of our merchandise is "BRAND NEW" USA product and comes factory sealed with all original manufacturers supplies and paperwork.We do not sell "B" good items on this site.Every shipment is packed with extreme care, always in brand new condition. We back everything we sell 100%!!! Most manufacturers do not want internet companies to sell their products via mail order. Some Manufacturers do not authorize us to sell on the internet. Therefore some manufacturers will tell you your warrantee will be void. However, Sound Professionals, Inc. will honor the full manufacturers warrantee through our store""""""""""end quote;)

Matt_R

Stunt Coordinator
Russell_T has the idea. If you have an American Express card (I think any card, but definitely the BLUE and GOLD) you can pricematch any price you find on the internet. I did this for my Canon G2 digital camera. I called CDW and had them pricematch from another site for $750, then got American Express to pricematch some sketchy site on the internet I found for $550. I called American Express, made a claim, printed out the website with the low price I found, and 2 weeks later had a check in the mail for $200! You can do this for up to $250 per item, and up to $1000/year. Works great!

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ok/You guys are bad to the bone!!!! I just applied for a AMEX blue card. Once I get it, I can buy the 3802 for $850 from a dealer and get the price match of $742. Somebody on this forum can hook you up to an authorized dealer! Also 6th ave/crazy eddie//
Clear as mud!!!!!!!!!:D
Don't pay $999.00 we may get burned by AMEX. Better be safe than sorry.

BenjaminA

Grip
They have the Denon 3802 for $795 at reliableaudiovideo.com This is what they say about the warranty.

"Reliable A/V dealers honor the original manufacturer warranty, exactly as stipulated by the manufacturer, for the length of the original warranty. In the event any repair is needed within this period, we will arrange to pickup, repair, and return the item at Reliable's expense."

I ordered the 2802 from them and got it fast and doubled boxed. I would recommend them.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I'd like to also stick up for the AmEx Blue card. I used my $1000 limit last year on various stuff. This process is extremely easy to use. The original poster said it was too much trouble, but I just have to say that the $1000 back in my pocket is sure nice. I got to buy at authorized dealers, but got the internet pricing.

Also, I'd like to add that I'm also looking for a 3802 sooner or later. It just sucks that the 3802 prices on shopping.yahoo.com are back up to the mid-$700's. They used to be around $650 a few months ago.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks