What's new

Trouble buying a Pioneer VSX-D811s... (1 Viewer)

Adam C.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyways,

I have been searching (saving and researching) for a receiver for about 6 months now. I decide on the VSX-D811s. I go to Best Buy today to buy one for $299. I am told they are out of stock, none arrived in the truck today and there are none in their warehouse. "We do have 500 on order from Pioneer but we do not know when we will get them." "A store an hour and a half away curently has a few in stock."

I ask if I can get a rain check "Nope this is not an advertised price."

No biggie, I have the internet printout of the price from Bestbuy.com. I go to Circuit City. "We cannot match that price because it is not an advertised price, it is just a rebate they have now."

At this point I am a little upset but realized I'll just have a order from BestBuy.com and wait a little bit to get my receiver. I click on "buy" then "checkout",

I get the message "...this item in currrently not availabe." I try about 3 more times and get the same error.

Looks like I am not going to be getting a VSXD811S for $299 anytime soon since the sale ends tomorrow. I am really upset!!

On a good note, OSU Buckeyes beat Miami!!!

ThomasS

Auditioning
I am
currently facing the same dilemma. I received a $100.00 Best Buy gift certificate for Christmas and am going to hold out until they get the next shipment in.

I have been waiting for quite a while to get a receiver for around $300-400. Now when I finally get the money they are out and back ordered from the factory.

I have to tell you that I cannot stand dealing with Best Buy. They have horrible customer relations and 3/4 of the sales people are young punks that have no idea about audio or video. I only go there after much personnel research because of the price and to buy DVDs or CDs.

They did give me a rain-check though, after much discussion.
This was an advertised sale price locally. It's funny though that they cannot tell me when they will get any in.
I e-mailed Best Buy corporate to see if they can clear that up.

I have been in this situation before, where they advertise a very low price and then do not have any in stock. Then they try to sell some other piece of equipment I don't want.
The last time it happened, they called a couple of stores in Minneapolis,(I live in Fargo), and found what I was looking for and had it shipped up here. This time all the stores they called were out. Christmas shopping I guess.
At least that tells you somebody must like these Pioneers, because they usually have returned opened box items you can get a little cheaper and i haven't seen any open box VSX-811's.

DanJC

Auditioning
I've had the same problem. I finally decide to go for the the d811s and I can't find it. I'd rather stay away from ebay unless I can get it for substantially less. I've got 2 BB's in my area and neither has any in stock and today is the last day of the sale. My local CC doesn't carry the d811s so can't even try pricematching it. Everywhere else wants almost $100 more than BB.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
HomeTheaterForum will have a deal on them probably within the week. It'll definitely beat the $299 price.

Rich Sharbaugh

Auditioning
I just purchased the Pioneer D811S about 2 weeks ago after seeing the great price at BB. Since we have a BB and CC almost right next door to each other I went over to see the price at CC, which was $399, $100 more than BB. I bought it there and had them call BB to get the their price. The difference was $100 and they have a 110% price difference, so they beat the BB price and had a promotion on the D811S by handing out a $30 gift certificate. Total was about $308 with tax and a $30 gift certificate. ;) I have until the end of the month to evaluate it.
The Pioneer D811S is a really good entry level receiver. Unfortunately, there is no way to evalutate this at the B&M's. They don't know how to opperate it and normally they have it hooked to some low end speakers. Plus trying to hear the receiver while someone is blaring over the loud speaker makes it difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks