What's new

Trophy point events... (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's been a while, and I've forgotten, so I'd like a refresher-- what are all the things you can do on this board to earn trophy points? I know I've done some of them.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That being resolved, I think the better question (OT of this thread of course) is, me now having attained "cinematographer" status, what the various status levels are per the number of posts-- I've come up through quite a few of them.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The titles are based purely on post count:

upload_2018-5-30_7-40-52.png

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wait the owner doesn’t have all the trophy points.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
The titles used for trophy point scores are kind of fun, but I think they could also could be a source of confusion for new or casual users or others just popping in to browse. For example, say a member labeled "Cinematographer" writes a post in which they speak with seeming authority about technical issues of photography, film or cameras. Someone who's not aware yet of the trophy point business may think they're reading something from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and take it as face value.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Someone who's not aware yet of the trophy point business may think they're reading something from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and take it as face value.

I see your point but I would like to think that most people would figure this out, since almost everyone here has a title under their name and it should be obvious that we're not all involved with the movie business. Someone new would see that they're labelled as "Auditioning" as soon as they post anything, so it's really not too hard to figure out that the titles are post count-related.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks