What's new

Tron Remake in the Works at Disney (1 Viewer)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Haven't seen those, so I can't comment on them. I liked Animalympics though! An early version of the Tron character appears at the beginning.

I'm a little let down that teaser is actually a demo reel. I was really wondering if Jeff Bridges' character went back into the computer world, and had been held prisoner all these years!

Lassetter of all people should know how it feels to have Disney make a sequel without the original creator at the helm. I sometimes think the merger went through just so he could kill off Disney's Toy Story 3! ;)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
That does put things in a better light. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
And in Soviet Russia, TRON LIKES YOU!:P
I really should rebuy the 20th Anniversary 2-Disc of the first film before the sequel comes out. TRON 2.0 I nearly beat but my computer crashed on me a couple years ago and it's only $9.99 USD on AMAZON.
I'd love to see a higher resolution version of that teaser/taste trailer. Can't wait! Wonder if Bruce Boxleitner, et al. are returning?

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Cause I'm still waiting to buy a receiver first before I buy a Blu-ray player (Mebbe just the Monoprice component switcher for now? I also gradually upgrade my HT equipment too.). And the 20th Anniversary is one of those DVD's I've been meaning to repurchase since 2003 (I had to sell alot of my collection back then to pay off some debts). I'll buy a BD version if it carries over ALL the extras from the 2-Disc. Knowing them since they carried over everything from the PotC films on DVD to BD, I don't think there'd be much to worry about.
For $9.99 USD, TRON 2.0 for PC is practically a steal! I did get really far in the game though.
AND lastly, I'll wait for the HVD rather than the Blu-ray.:crazy:;)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I can still remember seeing Tron in the theaters.

Way ahead of its time.

The docu on the dvd is excellent

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I always thought that the Academy should now bestow some kind of honorary Oscar for the visual effects work in Tron. It's been said that the film's visual effects were ruled ineligible for recognition because using computers was considered "cheating" at the time and yet it went on to become one of the pioneers of modern visual effects. Of course, it will never happen.

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
AUGH, no! TR2N was bad, but you could at least figure out the gist. What, I ask, is wrong with just plain "Tron 2"? Tron fanatics like myself would eat it up and the rest of the world would go to see it because it HAS to be good -- it's a sequel! (Using the general movie-going public's logic).

"TRZ". Bleah! Well, there's been a lot of flux already about this film, maybe they'll come to their senses and change it again.

At least Lisberger is on board now. Yay!

cheers,
Phil

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Can't they just call it Tron 2.0? I know the PC game already used that, but it's not like people are going to get confused...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks