What's new

Tron Legacy and Tron "Classic" on Blu-ray are up for pre order on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I can't remember the last time I saw this many versions of a title available at retail, plus you just know that Target, Best Buy, Walmart or someone else with have a retail exclusive version not listed here. All titles are currently available for preorder at Amazon, but the release date and features aren't available yet.. Click on the cover art to preorder:

Tron: Legacy and the Original Tron will both be available in two disc DVD/BD combo versions MSRP $39.99 Preorder $27.99:

Tron: Legacy will also be available in a four disc version: 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray DVD and Digital Copy. MSRP is $49.99 Preorder $34.99:

Both versions of the film will be available in 2 five disc packs. The standard packaging for MSRP if $79.99 Preorder $55.99 and in limited edition light up Identity Disc packaging with an MSRP of $99.99 available for preorder at $69.99. The five discs are Tron: Lecacy DVD, 2D Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, DIgital Copy and Trom (original) on 2D Blu-ray:

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Dang. I was just wanting the 2D blu-ray of legacy and the blu-ray of Tron. Looks like buying them separately is about the same price as the five disc set.

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
Oh man, that Identity Disc edition looks sah-weet. I'm so very tempted, even though I have no use for the 3D version (or, for that matter, the digital copy, OR the DVD version).

Too bad they don't offer a 2-disc Identity Disc Edition (Tron and Tron: Legacy Blu-Rays). :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Keep in mind I'm sure there will be some additional retailer specific editions. Maybe one of them will be the right combination? Personally I think I'll go for the standard 5 disc edition. The limited packaging is cool, I am just the the point where I don't have room for non-standard packaging anymore. I do want the 3D

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Disney's pricing on their BD's is far-too-high. They usually have great picture quality, but I've passed on many films that I would otherwise have bought because of the cost. I end up getting them when I find them on sale. It's a shame. Unless I can find a good deal on the two films together, I'm going to just get the original film.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They usually offer an $8 or $10 release-week coupon for major releases, plus *some* store usually has a deal of some sort. I just paid $10 for Alice in Wonderland at Best Buy, and last year I paid something like $7 for the new Tim Burton version at the Disney Store.

Just gotta shop around a little bit. ;

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Just preordered the standard 5-disc set (I should be set up for 3-D by this summer). There was a $5.00 coupon button on the page, and that brought the price down to $50.99. I'm sure it will drop some more between now and the release date.

- Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks