Tron Kiler App

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I'm surprised that nobody's posted anything about this yet, but I saw that promo on my Tron dvd the other night, and finally got around to checking the url (www.tronkillerapp.com) out. Does anyone have any idea what this is referring to? I've seen speculation that this is either the sequel (which seems to be on track) or something referring to the upcoming Pc/Xbox game.

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Just read this at the gamespot.com website. Sounds to me like an XBOX game in development for the NEW Tron 2.0 movie....
    "Tron is ripe for multiple video game franchises, since the movies are set within the video game arena," Steven Lisberger, director and cowriter of the 1982 Tron film, told the publication. "You can see the vanishing point ahead with the advent of digital films and the development of digital video games with amazing graphics. Tron is the perfect synergy of these two worlds."
    "The script for the Tron feature film sequel, tentatively titled Tron 2.0, is in its third draft. The movie will blend live action with computer-generated (CG) imagery. The film will also feature several entirely CG characters. GameSpot will have more on the upcoming Tron game as further information is available."

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I'd like to strangle that webmaster. I hate sites that hi-jack the entire screen. Design-wise, they can do nothing worse.
    -Dave