What's new

TRON 3 (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's coming, and the rumor (unconfirmed) is that the trailer will be on the Blu-ray / DVD release of TRON: Legacy. I did find this, a 10 minute sneak-peek, if you want to call it that, for what seems to be for the film. http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/tron-3/teaser-trailer

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm not sure how or why, the most recent tron was reportedly a money pit. It didn't do great at the box office and the worldwide grosses weren't what they were hoping for.. Tino? Do you have the numbers?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Um, that's not a trailer for Tron 3. That's Tron: The Next Day. It just fills the gaps between the 1st Tron and the latest.

HollywoodSteve

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Hollywood
TRON: Legacy made nearly $400 million worldwide. I would say that's probably considered a hit. The DVD/Blu ray comes out on April 5. I think I will catch this again on the VOD .

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
From Matt H's interview with the director: regarding a sequel:

Q - How are you planning to expand the TRON Universe?
A - Joseph Kosinski: Disney is currently developing an animated series that takes place in the Tron universe before the events of Tron Legacy. I am currently brainstorming with my team of writers and producers on what the next chapter of our story would be.

Q - Cillian Murphy only briefly appears in TRON Legacy. Would it be fair to assume his appearance here is only a primer for possible involvement in a potential sequel?
A - Joseph Kosinski: Yes that would be fair to assume.

Q - 'Tron’ surprised us with groundbreaking special effects. ‘Tron: Legacy’ did the same and even added impressive 3D technology. What do you think will shock us in ‘Tron 3’, assuming it happens (we’re all rooting for it of course!)?
A - Joseph Kosinski: I think the final scene of TL leaves open some very interesting possibilities. If Quorra can cross over into our world, what other elements from the Grid could do the same?

Q - If it's up to you, would you want to helm Tron 3?
A - Joseph Kosinski: If we can come up with the right story, then absolutely.

More in this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/310022/htf-blu-ray-review-tron-legacy-tron-2-movie-collection-3d-blu-ray-combo-pack

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Good to know. Thanks Tino. "Trailer Addict had the trailer I post a link to above as "Tron 3" so I just assumed. Well, we all know how that works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks