What's new

Trompeter crimp frame & Canare dies ??? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I want to get into making my own cables for myself and for some friends, but I dont want to spend more money than neccessary...... I have a Trompeter crimp frame, does anyone know if the Canare dies will fit in a trompeter crimp frame?

Thanks all....

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If the actual canare die doesn't fit I'm sure there's a die available for your handle that has the proper size hex crimp. What cables/plugs are you planning on using?

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
DIY Cables appears to be popular these days. I'm curious to find out what others are making as I'm also in the process of making some myself with Belden 1694a and Canare RCAP for analog and digital ICs.

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that I would use Canare RCAP-C5F connectors and Canare L-5CFB cable. As I understand it, Canare dies are the only ones that will work on their connectors.

If anyone out there has a spare set of canare dies they they wouldnt mind putting on loan for a few days....just long enough to check for fit, I would deeply appreciate it.

TIA

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
RCAP-C5F and L-5CFB uses a .324 hex crimp for the outer boot and a .054 crimp for the center pin. Any crimp die or combination of the proper size will work so i'm sure there are some available for your crimper. You could even use a cheapo universal crimper/stripped to crimp the inner pin and find the proper die for the outer sleeve. I used a paladin crimper and die for my L5CFB and V3-5CFB cables using RCAP-C5F connectors.

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
The die set that I have for my crimp frame is the CD3-2 here are teh specs:

CD3-2

A- .324
B- .255
C- .068
D- .042

I would really like to try a set of canare dies in my frame.....

Thanks all

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If I were you i'd save the $100 or so you'd spend on a canare die and use what you have. The A size is perfect for the outer boot and the center pin could easily be crimped by other means readily available for very little money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks